Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bottom 10 on the blues list is very poor and barely VFL standard.

In a super draft they are better off taking a punt on an 18 year old or even a 19-20 year old with some vfl/sanfl experience.
They had access to two State League players, but they traded them both to Geelong and Adelaide

Carlton has delisted Sam Rowe, Jed Lamb, Sam Kerridge and Nick Graham, unsurprising delistings, but now I'm wondering about the Blues' draft strategy. That makes it four vacancies, they have pick #1, then their second pick isn't until #69, then they have #71 and then #77. I presume they're using late picks on father-son prospects Will Hickmott and Ben Silvagni
wow I didn't even realise Sam Rowe is 31 next month.

The bottom 10 on the blues list is very poor and barely VFL standard.

In a super draft they are better off taking a punt on an 18 year old or even a 19-20 year old with some vfl/sanfl experience.
The AFL should have let them draft some mature age recruits, oh wait they did and they traded them. :rolleyes:

They had access to two State League players, but they traded them both to Geelong and Adelaide
That's very clever trading. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Geelong and Adelaide realise they've been traded the same two players ;)

Last edited:
It looks like Max King is 5 because it's two short names.

Based on name lengths, guessing 1. Walsh 2. Lukosius 3. Rankine 4. Smith 5. M King

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sign peeling off the wall of club HQ. If there was ever a symbol of the times...
There's a sign on the wall but he just wants to be sure 'cause sometimes the coach's instructions have two meanings.

Now if only our President opened his mouth now, for the right reason, in support of this.

He probably will. Koch has had a few cracks during the year at the AFL about its Victorian-centric nature. If anything, the Coasters are following his lead.

He probably will. Koch has had a few cracks during the year at the AFL about its Victorian-centric nature. If anything, the Coasters are following his lead.
Hopefully one of the Qld clubs and Sydney clubs follows suit as well. The non-Vic clubs drive me nuts in not presenting a united front against the Vics. We can be sure Fages will remain invisible unless a majority of other non-Vic club has spoken first. And probably not even then.

Is there anything he can't do?

Isn’t it a bit strange that they ask the coach for whom the current system has worked best for in that particular year?
Talk about conservative echo chamber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back