Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully one of the Qld clubs and Sydney clubs follows suit as well. The non-Vic clubs drive me nuts in not presenting a united front against the Vics. We can be sure Fages will remain invisible unless a majority of other non-Vic club has spoken first. And probably not even then.

Koch called out the Vic clubs when a group of them had a meeting earlier this year. He was clever about it, saying how he was sure there wasn't a conspiracy, thereby letting them know they were being watched. :p

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-25/vic-clubs-not-keeping-secrets-says-koch

Hawthorn president Jeff Kennett hosted a meeting with six other Victorian club presidents – Eddie McGuire (Collingwood), Peter Gordon (Western Bulldogs), Peggy O'Neal (Richmond), Glen Bartlett (Melbourne), Mark LoGiudice (Carlton) and Colin Carter (Geelong) – earlier this month.
No interstate club presidents were invited, leading to speculation of an 'us against them' mentality.
"I think it was blown out of proportion," Koch told AFL.com.au.
"I know it seemed to be a secret meeting of Victorian presidents against the interstaters.
"The other presidents who were there, most of them rang me and just explained what was going on, and it wasn't that at all."

He has had lunches with the Sydney presidents and I'm sure West Coast has previously supported his comments around perceptions of Victorian bias.

But yes, it would be good if the non-Vic clubs formed their own united bloc. A lot of happenings seem to favour Victorian clubs. Probably just a perception. ;)

A Western Bulldogs supporter rang 6PR today musing about how Robert Walls and John Northey 'swapped' teams back in 1996 and wondering whether something like that could happen again. He was saying that the Doggies may have become a bit stale over the past couple of seasons and then went on to say that Ken Hinkley probably hadn't been getting the best out of his list either - "I really admire the way Ken Hinkley coaches..."

tenor.gif

A Western Bulldogs supporter rang 6PR today musing about how Robert Walls and John Northey 'swapped' teams back in 1996 and wondering whether something like that could happen again. He was saying that the Doggies may have become a bit stale over the past couple of seasons and then went on to say that Ken Hinkley probably hadn't been getting the best out of his list either - "I really admire the way Ken Hinkley coaches..."

tenor.gif

No thankyou. Beveridge is worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn’t it a bit strange that they ask the coach for whom the current system has worked best for in that particular year?
Talk about conservative echo chamber.

The Crows made some complaints about inequality last year and they were shouted down as sore losers.

At least the Premiership Coach can't be accused of that.

The MCG is an issue, each team should get at least 3 games there a year. The biggest issue for me is the commercial opportunity offered to Victorian based players that doesn't exist on that scale in other states.

Two very diverse opinions of the Crows trade period from two of their fans

The Crows did what they needed to do. Got rid of Mitch McGovern for a good deal, increased their leg speed with Tyson Stengle and added X-factor with Shane McAdam. Ended up with their best draft hand in years, too.

Absolutely terrible! The Crows allowed Port Adelaide to get ahead of them in the draft when there is so much local talent. Got nobody of note and gave up our best forward!

NOTE : By "best forward" the second fan is referring to Mitch McGovern.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-20/your-2018-trade-verdicts-adelaidegws

There are trade verdicts for 9 teams each with one from the fans and one from afl.com.au. Five of the fan verdicts are only slightly lower than the afl verdict, one is the same and two are a little higher. The crows fan verdict is 5.9 and the afl verdict is 7.

They all copy and paste stuff that the club posts as well. End up reading the same stuff over and over.

I just follow the club and that’s it on FB

Great content on the PFR radio page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back