Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-01-07/how-many-premiership-players-are-on-your-clubs-list

The number of flags on your club's list in 2019
Adelaide: 0
Brisbane: 5
Carlton: 1
Collingwood: 8
Essendon: 1
Fremantle: 4
GWS Giants: 1
Geelong: 11 .................. ( got think about this one - Selwood 3, Gaz 2, Taylor 2, Hawkins 2, others ??? )
Gold Coast: 0
Hawthorn: 35
Melbourne: 4
North Melbourne: 0
Port Adelaide: 1
Richmond: 22
St Kilda: 2
Sydney: 9
West Coast: 21
Western Bulldogs: 19

* Stats courtesy of Champion Data
Dahlhaus is one for Geelong, not sure who the 11th is.
Edit: Duncan played in 2011 as well.

Dahlhaus is one for Geelong, not sure who the 11th is.
Your post made me check 2011 flag side. Mitch Duncan played, so he would be the 11th.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-01-07/how-many-premiership-players-are-on-your-clubs-list

The number of flags on your club's list in 2019
Adelaide: 0
Brisbane: 5
Carlton: 1
Collingwood: 8
Essendon: 1
Fremantle: 4
GWS Giants: 1
Geelong: 11 .................. ( got think about this one - Selwood 3, Gaz 2, Taylor 2, Hawkins 2, others ??? )
Gold Coast: 0
Hawthorn: 35
Melbourne: 4
North Melbourne: 0
Port Adelaide: 1
Richmond: 22
St Kilda: 2
Sydney: 9
West Coast: 21
Western Bulldogs: 19

* Stats courtesy of Champion Data
Wow, it's almost as if there is some correlation between years since a club won a flag, or multiple flags, and the number of flags on their list. :think:

I've said it before, but if what we have tried to do the last few years is in fact leading edge stuff, even revolutionary, Rockliff says we are doing things he has never seen before, then GWS who have better skills than us across the park, and Nicks taking "our" ideas there, he probably has the best chance to see it work there. I've also have said you don't set a field for a Windies menacing 4 fast bowlers type attack, when you only have a Sri Lankan pop gun attack. Will be interesting to see what Nicks and the GWS do this year.

Last edited:
I've said it before, but if what we have tried to do the last few years is in fact leading edge stuff, even revolutionary, Rockliff says we are doing things he has never seen before, then GWS who have better skills than us across the park, and Nicks taking "our" ideas there, he probably has the best chance to see it work there. I've also have said you don't set a field for a Windies menacing 4 fast bowlers type attack, when you only have a Sri Lankan pop gun attack. Will be interesting to see what Nicks and the GWS do this year.

It took us far too long to attack the list in the right way. We kept going for those "one last piece of the puzzle" type solutions without realising we needed about 6 or 7. Wish we cashed in on more players during our 13/14 run rather than letting that depreciation hurt their value. We'd be in a good spot with plenty of talent without much lost out the door.

Hawthorn would have done it for sure.

I'm convinced Clarkson has done a deal with the devil. The amount of bullshit, luck, umpire assistance, opposition not showing up on GF day and various other anomolies was outside any statistical possibilities.
Yep my old man keeps saying karma will come our way im still bloody waiting.

Two years ago it would have been interesting. Without peak Scully and Shiel, GWS are just the same as everyone else.

And Nicks can take his team offence bullshit there and I'd have no problem with it whatsoever. By the time he gets it to actually work, Kelly and Whitfield will be long gone.

Had no idea that Rob Chapman is a Coopers director. That's an interesting combination with the SMA who backed Lion Nathan.

I bet all of the hotels owned by Crows directors are staunch Coopers.
Not that I needed another reason to think Coopers is overrated SA Great dishwater but yea completely off the shopping list.

Had no idea that Rob Chapman is a Coopers director. That's an interesting combination with the SMA who backed Lion Nathan.

I bet all of the hotels owned by Crows directors are staunch Coopers.

I knew there was a reason why I never drank coopers!.

Not that I needed another reason to think Coopers is overrated SA Great dishwater but yea completely off the shopping list.
I knew there was a reason why I never drank coopers!.

You'll have to boycott Adelaide Airport too then.

I usually drink Coopers in the winter and switch to Canadian Club in the summer <joke> but Coopers is still selling cheaper than any decent WA beers at the moment, so keep up the good work Rob! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a great northern for the first time about a week ago, holy ******* s**t. It was like chemically water. Dire.

0b3c3a4b-9476-48a5-963c-64466697b91e.png

Once the AFL realised that Carlton were not going anywhere upwards in a hurry, they needed a new 4th member of the fabled "Big4". Hawthorn, the supremely white-bread, eastern suburbs, 80s toughguys/rich kids were the perfect candidate.
Spot on.
All about the money!

Spot on.
All about the money!

I'm so disenchanted with the league. So much so that my indifference to football is pretty substantial at this point. It's less of a passion and more of "I do it because I've always done it" type of thing.

The MCG deal really setback my feelings about the league, and everything since has just made it worse. It's been building for a while. The incredibly insular and vic-centric garbage is so tiresome. Non-vic clubs are just the play things of the league and are never seriously designed to be contenders.

You need only look at the way that "interstate clubs" is thrown around with aplomb. Everyone outside of Victoria is an "interstate club" not just "a club". It's derogatory and shows how the world revolves around Victoria and it's not a truly national competition.

Last edited:
National comp evolves from Victorian comp and act surprised at resulting bias.. the blame is country wide tbh.

Was that the beer in the commercial where it floats down the river to various drinkers? nice ad but s**t beer by the sounds oh well straya.

West End tinnies are still the worst and Hahn Super Dry isn't far behind. Anything low carb can piss off really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back