Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah agree with this. We chronically struggled with Sydney at that point. The question is would Sydney have not shown up against us in the same way they didnt show up against Hawthorn?
Hawks physically smashed Sydney in the first half and the game was over at half time. We wouldn't have gone about it that way. Sydney showed up but the Hawks were brutal on them. We didn't play a physical brand of footy in 2014. We just ran hard.

Yeah agree with this. We chronically struggled with Sydney at that point. The question is would Sydney have not shown up against us in the same way they didnt show up against Hawthorn?
Hawks took out Hannebery in the first few minutes. He was their best midfielder at that time. It was all down hill from there.

Talent hasn't been the issue for a number of years now.

If Hinkley does ever get us there (with the right mix in the box around him) my reaction would be: about ******* time old mate! rather than cupping his balls.

Logs into Big Footy for the first time in a long time 'Cupping his balls'...... Good to see nothings changed!

Let's play hypothetical grand final madness

2001-03 Ports would have beaten all the hawkthorn premiership teams

When do we get to pick up the flags?
Can they be delivered by troy chaplin in a dimly lit players race?

For the record I'm more confident of us beating a Buckleyless Collingwood in 07 than i am against Sydney in 14

Yep. That Collingwood team is massively over rated because they got close to Geelong in the prelim. Geelong simply had a shocker that night and Collingwood played beyond themselves. Have a reasonable Collingwood supporter mate who reckons Port would have creamed Collingwood if they got to the GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. That Collingwood team is massively over rated because they got close to Geelong in the prelim. Geelong simply had a shocker that night and Collingwood played beyond themselves. Have a reasonable Collingwood supporter mate who reckons Port would have creamed Collingwood if they got to the GF.

well, if only the pies got the job done in 07. How different things might have been.

Adelaide beats anyone but Richmond in 2017.

West Coast doesn’t beat Richmond in 2018.

That’s why premierships have an element of luck to them.

Speaking of which - don’t be surprised if Melbourne winds up being another Bulldogs circa Rodney Eade...continually making prelims but never winning one.

Defiinitely aimed at 10 year olds

In terms of prerception vs reality it's the modern day equivalent of this:

If it's 40 degrees in the middle of nowhere any ice cold beer is doable I guess I can't believe people actually drink s**t like West End when there are options however.
I would have thought they would have stopped making it by now. Do they still sell that Eagle Blue shyt there ?
I remember a mate giving me a can many many years ago at a party.
After that he was demated

Former AFL player David King has been fined for fleeing the scene of a car crash and drink driving in Melbourne last year.

The one-time Kangaroos premiership footballer appeared in Melbourne Magistrates Court on Monday and pleaded guilty to exceeding the blood alcohol level of 0.05, failing to provide a name and address at the scene of a crash and careless driving.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...pended-for-drink-driving-20190114-p50rbd.html

Former AFL player David King has been fined for fleeing the scene of a car crash and drink driving in Melbourne last year.

The one-time Kangaroos premiership footballer appeared in Melbourne Magistrates Court on Monday and pleaded guilty to exceeding the blood alcohol level of 0.05, failing to provide a name and address at the scene of a crash and careless driving.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...pended-for-drink-driving-20190114-p50rbd.html
But does he pass the good bloke test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back