Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small, harmless battler club that the rest of Victoria felt sorry for with just the 1 premiership to their name which came 62 years ago. Everyone was on their bandwagon that month and wanted to see the fairytale come true, whereas on the other hand, nobody would’ve cared if Sydney won that premiership.

An easy, albeit a wrong decision for the AFL.
I definitely wasn't, was barracking against Bulldogs 100%.

Could see the story coming from a mile away and it just pissed me off that all these scrubber clubs will get gifted token flags / porkbarreled training megacomplexes while we scrap every inch of the way for even the smallest of off/onfield wins.

I definitely wasn't, was barracking against Bulldogs 100%.

Could see the story coming from a mile away and it just pissed me off that all these scrubber clubs will get gifted token flags / porkbarreled training megacomplexes while we scrap every inch of the way for even the smallest of off/onfield wins.

Well, 95% of footy fans were. I know I definitely wasn’t.

Remember that Year of the Dog thing that aired on TV the night before?

I don’t really get the Collingwood hate from Port supporters. Certainly remember growing up a lot of Port supporters having them as their VFL team.
I sort of understand the Eddie aspect and the constant vetoing of Port wearing its traditional black and white being a factor, but other than that I don’t really feel the hate.

I don’t really get the Collingwood hate from Port supporters. Certainly remember growing up a lot of Port supporters having them as their VFL team.
I sort of understand the Eddie aspect and the constant vetoing of Port wearing its traditional black and white being a factor, but other than that I don’t really feel the hate.

Agree. I have no issue with Collingwood. If a club came into the league wanting to wear a black, white and teal chevrons guernsey I'd want our club to tell them to * off too. My issue regarding the guernsey is with the AFL letting themselves be dictated to by Collingwood, not with Collingwood themselves.

The thinking man Port supporter's most hated team is West Coast or Hawthorn.

I don't mind them. They are a genuine club. They obviously were on the nose for a time with all their players getting involved in off-field messes but they are a successful club who has been through hard periods of extremely poor performance but they always bounce back pretty quickly.

Not like Melbourne and Carlton who just languished for 12 years because tanking then cry for priority picks.

Agree. I have no issue with Collingwood. If a club came into the league wanting to wear a black, white and teal chevrons guernsey I'd want our club to tell them to **** off too.

The thinking man Port supporter's most hated team is West Coast or Hawthorn.

I’m not going to pretend I don’t hate the crows, but outside of them it’s Hawthorn, Carlton and West Coast topping my list.

I’m not going to pretend I don’t hate the crows, but outside of them it’s Hawthorn, Carlton and West Coast topping my list too.

The Crows went without saying ;)

West Coast are only on the list because of how similar they are to the Crows. Although at least they stand as an example of the powerhouse the Crows could and should be if they werent such a horrendously run organisation squandering every advantage that they've been gifted wth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a kid I was genuinely confused as to why people hated Collingwood especially late 70’s and into the 80’s.

People hated us because we won, I got that but Collingwood just kept coming 2nd or worse.

Then I met their supporters.

I dont hate Collingwood, but I despise Eddie.

Tend to barrack first non Vic sides in finals, bar ofcourse the Camrys. Just find the whole league is designed to favour the Vic sides and I like to see them ****** over despite their inherent advantages.

I barrack for the traditional Vic sides over any fabricated club.

So pretty much everyone except us.

Same.

To me they are harmless

I actually like Eddie. I'd kill to have a president as powerful and passionate as him. We've got some awkward dude who thinks he has power but really he has a cash cow costume and a column in a paper about financials.

Collingwood are probably the best club in Victoria and the whole everyone hates them thing is one big myth.

Ask the average footy fan to actually specify why they hate Collingwood and most will shrug and say “I don’t know, everyone else does”.

Living in Melbourne I find Essendon, Hawthorn, Richmond and North to be the worst.

Collingwood are probably the best club in Victoria and the whole everyone hates them thing is one big myth.

Ask the average footy fan to actually specify why they hate Collingwood and most will shrug and say “I don’t know, everyone else does”.

Living in Melbourne I find Essendon, Hawthorn, Richmond and North to be the worst.

Yep. Hating Collingwood just feeds into the myth of Collingwood and helps them maintain their perpetual limelight. Eddie knows this and feeds it at every opportunity.

I find it really hard to pick the teams i hate the most because there has been so many teams have given me the shits over the years.

Crows obviously, but Geelong, Essendon, West Coast, Carlton, Richmond, Hawthorn & Collingwood probably round out my top 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back