Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Word is roberton will retire tomorrow and McCartin May follow suit.

This is terribly sad for these guys if it is in fact true.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

St Kilda. For every bad decision they make, fate and luck is like we'll match it.

Steven, Carlisle, Robertson, and Mccartin gone for the season possibly if not longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
AFL locks in Australia’s biggest-ever sports sponsorship deal

The AFL has struck another blow in its commercial battle with rival code NRL, signing the biggest sports sponsorship deal in Australian history.

According to The Australian, major partner Toyota will pay $18.5 million per year until 2023, topping the $16m annual payment the car company has been handing the AFL since 2015.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/the-ki...g/news-story/f28d0c192eb85c9ff09ab49d0646daf4

Guess where the extra money came from?

Adelaide’s Toyota sponsorship. That’s why they had to find a back of jumper sponsor with a year left to run on their existing deal with Toyota.

You know it makes sense.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
AFL is very different. Even if you got four or five big hits that result in concussions over a period, while immediately dangerous, and needs management, players in some of the above sports can get that in one week! Boxers, in one bout!
The biggest risk for permanent damage is a subsequent head injury whilst still recovering from one. This is why boxers, NFL etc. where they cop multiple ones in short succession are so dangerous. It's also why I'd enforce all players who come off with concussion in a game can't play the following week, even if they are cleared as fit to go back on. Side benefit is Joel Selwood would suddenly find he's got to stop ducking or only be playing every second week.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
lol

653491-tlslargelandscape.jpg

"The AFL has suggested it will photoshop an Essendon player in the photograph before its official release."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-15/spot-the-missing-club-only-17-turn-up-for-captains-day-photo

Why are co-captain clubs only represented by one captain? Is the AFL worried the photo would otherwise look stupid? What if a club had 6 captains? Why shouldn't they take part?

Why are co-captain clubs only represented by one captain? Is the AFL worried the photo would otherwise look stupid? What if a club had 6 captains? Why shouldn't they take part?

Because co-captains is stupid.

Boxx

Premiership Player
Mar 2, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
I assume Ollie and Tom rocked off for the honour of who is in the photo...

lol one of the main pro's of co captains is to split media like that, I'd be annoyed if they both went

It's the AFL official captain's photo. Split the media is meant for inteviews and community events, etc.

It's the AFL official captain's photo. Split the media is meant for inteviews and community events, etc.

You're splitting hairs though, Forza.

....just like co-captains I guess, to be fair.

Jakksynn

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Kinda want to feel bad for St Kilda, terribly unlucky for the players and adds to a long list of bad luck for the club.

But on the other hand, it sounds harsh but I kinda want them to fold. Too many Victorian clubs atm and it’s what’s holding the AFL back from being a proper national comp. The Saints are a drain on the competition, riddled with debt and don’t really add much. Tassie Saints 2025 pls

You're splitting hairs though, Forza.

....just like co-captains I guess, to be fair.

iu

Does the same rule apply to team sheets? Only 1 captain identified to split the effort of having a "C" next to their name?

Boxx

Premiership Player
Mar 2, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
yeah but, how many interviews/ media appearances have Tom or Ollie done since the initial presser with Ken?
Apart from Ollie’s regular MMM slot, I haven’t heard him... Tom hasn’t been seen of since!

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
yeah but, how many interviews/ media appearances have Tom or Ollie done since the initial presser with Ken?
Apart from Ollie’s regular MMM slot, I haven’t heard him... Tom hasn’t been seen of since!

It's too much effort for one man!! Boak was obviously superhuman. Fair effort considering he was also ambassador for Childhood Cancer, a businessman and a model in his spare time.

The Rubber Man

Club Legend
May 1, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Was listening to the 'Hard Ball Gets' podcast which has xavier ellis and some WA journo's.

Interestingly they threw out that the prior to the draft the King parents really wanted both max & ben king to end up at the saints. After the pre-season and seeing what GC and Saints have done, apparently they aren't too impressed with the saints.

Says alot of the culture and program at the saints if they believe GC is better.

Dunno where the saints go from here. If they have another terrible season, surely they will have a coaching & board clean-out.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Kinda want to feel bad for St Kilda, terribly unlucky for the players and adds to a long list of bad luck for the club.

But on the other hand, it sounds harsh but I kinda want them to fold. Too many Victorian clubs atm and it’s what’s holding the AFL back from being a proper national comp. The Saints are a drain on the competition, riddled with debt and don’t really add much. Tassie Saints 2025 pls

If any Vic club folds there's a few in line before them. St Kilda make bad decisions but they also have everything go against them on top of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back