Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahaha, double asterisk...******* hell.

1080713.jpg

May 20, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Its just so unnecessary to have email subscribers to be added in with the membership tally. If the AFL want to see a breakdown of membership numbers, just give the real number to them so it complies with the number that the other clubs have provided.

Why not just reveal the actual 80k+ membership figure and make a note saying in annual reports or to stakeholders that they an additional fan outreach with email subscriptions of x amount?

Relativity

Premiership Player
Oct 28, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port
Its just so unnecessary to have email subscribers to be added in with the membership tally. If the AFL want to see a breakdown of membership numbers, just give the real number to them so it complies with the number that the other clubs have provided.

Why not just reveal the actual 80k+ membership figure and make a note saying in annual reports or to stakeholders that they an additional fan outreach with email subscriptions of x amount?

The other, more relevant, figure would be membership income for each club. Would make the whole subscriber/pet membership fiasco/pissing contest irrelevant.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Why is Brisbane in away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might be wrong but i get the impression they wear the Fitzroy kit the most often these days.

I might be wrong but i get the impression they wear the Fitzroy kit the most often these days.

So what you're saying is a club is wearing their traditional kit? Interesting.

#bringbackthebars

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I was having a conversation about players you never hear of once they're gone, and he came to mind so I was curious.

Scott Stevens, Rowan Jones lol.
Want to hear something really spooky? These two play together in a social basketball team at the same joint I play social soccer at.

Impossible to top that post, but Rowan is still an immense cult figure over here. Judd even talked about him for a minute or so in his recent WAFC Hall of Fame speech.

Rowan offers helpful advice weekly to retirees regarding superannuation in each Monday lift-out section of the West.

1552651468583.png

Amusingly his post footy profile is as big as any of the big stars in WA of the time.

A few years back I got a brochure in the mail spruiking the luxury real estate agency of the esteemed James Sellar.

Being a real estate agent seems to be a go to job for ex-AFL players. Zero qualifications required and the only talent you need is the ability to turn up at a specific place at the right time.

Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots
Captains' call: AFL club captains give their predictions for 2019

Which other club is most likely to reach the Grand Final?
(No captains picked eventual premier the West Coast Eagles in 2018).

Who do you think will win the 2019 Brownlow Medal?
(One captain correctly nominated Tom Mitchell in 2018).

Who do you think will win the 2019 Coleman Medal?
(No captains picked eventual Coleman Medallist Jack Riewoldt in 2018).

Who do you think will win the 2019 NAB AFL Rising Star?
(No captains picked eventual Ron Evans Medallist Jaidyn Stephenson in 2018).

Seriously, why should anyone listen to what these guys think?

Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Captains' call: AFL club captains give their predictions for 2019

Which other club is most likely to reach the Grand Final?
(No captains picked eventual premier the West Coast Eagles in 2018).

Who do you think will win the 2019 Brownlow Medal?
(One captain correctly nominated Tom Mitchell in 2018).

Who do you think will win the 2019 Coleman Medal?
(No captains picked eventual Coleman Medallist Jack Riewoldt in 2018).

Who do you think will win the 2019 NAB AFL Rising Star?
(No captains picked eventual Ron Evans Medallist Jaidyn Stephenson in 2018).

Seriously, why should anyone listen to what these guys think?

Because there is a fortnight between the last JLT game and the Season opener. No selection click bait, so they need something to put in the paper for the weekend.
Least we talk about the rugby or F1

Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots
Because there is a fortnight between the last JLT game and the Season opener. No selection click bait, so they need something to put in the paper for the weekend.
Least we talk about the rugby or F1
True, but it's amazing how people who should be somewhat experts in football and know their opposition (e.g. AFL captains) appear to have less idea than the average mug punter. Fair enough trying to pick a Rising Star winner, but not one of them thought Jack Riewoldt was a chance for the Coleman?

When you realise that the AFL media arm is run by gambling, you get a full understanding why the captains and the reporters don’t have a great understanding as to who is most likely to win things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back