Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 11

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JAlexG

Club Legend
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston!
Had a good look through the clowns list.
There is just no quality coming through. Absolutely no depth anywhere.
Those players during Kurt gate would be in and around the 6 year mark on the list and then throwing the sink at squibbs.

TeeKray

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Moderator #3
So our win against Melbourne doesnโ€™t look that good now.
Geez our win against Melb not looking so good now eh?
Coming off losing 6 of our last 7 games last year, trading two of the top 6 in our B&F, missing our co captain, vice captain and sole key forward, and playing 4 debutants, I'm pretty certain that any win is one we should be supremely happy with.

I mean, what were people expecting us to be this season? We're already a third the way to winning the number of games I thought we'd win. You can give credit to the club where it's due.

philreich

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Coming off losing 6 of our last 7 games last year, trading two of the top 6 in our B&F, missing our co captain, vice captain and sole key forward, and playing 4 debutants, I'm pretty certain that any win is one we should be supremely happy with.

I mean, what were people expecting us to be this season? We're already a third the way to winning the number of games I thought we'd win. You can give credit to the club where it's due.
Yep - hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I wonder how many Port fans tipped Melbourne in round 1: the vast majority, I'd venture to say.

Magus

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

It's strange, most people in the predictions thread had us missing the 8 and quite a few put us at 13th on the ladder. Win our first two games and it's all "why aren't you world beaters farken?"

philthy05

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
adelaide 36ers
Had a good look through the clowns list.
There is just no quality coming through. Absolutely no depth anywhere.
Those players during Kurt gate would be in and around the 6 year mark on the list and then throwing the sink at squibbs.
I donโ€™t rate their recent draft haul much either

Have them pegged at David Mackay, Matthew Wright level players if they make it.

Magpiespower

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Cold reading this shit without any context is actually pretty entertaining.

Itโ€™s a pretty broad canvas, random af.

Bonus: you donโ€™t have to sit through three hours of shit footy and shitcampaigners.

donkey rooted, lol...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom