Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting watching with commentary as a neutral (watch our games in silence these days). The barracking from the yobs in the box is staggering. I wonder if it's merely done to keep viewers from switching off, but it's really unprofessional.

It definitely is. BT is on record as saying he barracks for the underdog/comeback. Makes for pretty bad listening, but yeah it’s by design.

Chad CAN do it, there's no question about it, but you have to admit his attitude stinks at the moment. Will be fascinating to see what Clarko does from here.

Chad CAN do it, there's no question about it, but you have to admit his attitude stinks at the moment. Will be fascinating to see what Clarko does from here.

I said this before but got accused of victim blaming somehow (???), Chad has the talent to be an absolute superstar but my opinion is that he doesn't have the mental toughness.

Remember when we thought Troy Menzel had all the tools to be elite? Shows how far a bad attitude gets you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once Clarko realises he's a midfielder not a forward, he'll start firing. I do fear they've gone way too hard on this Cyril replacement narrative though and it could take a while before they admit they got that bit wrong.

I feel like Chad is more in love with the idea of being an AFL footballer than the reality of it. He possibly would fire up in a finals game, but you have to do the hard yards in the h&a games to get there. I wonder if he thought moving to the Hawks would help him regain the spark and love for footy that he had in his first couple of years. Time will tell I guess, he may still regain that at the Hawks, but the last couple of weeks he looks like he is just out there because he has to be, not because he loves the game.

Once Clarko realises he's a midfielder not a forward, he'll start firing. I do fear they've gone way too hard on this Cyril replacement narrative though and it could take a while before they admit they got that bit wrong.

Are you trying to say that super coach Alastair Clarkson has got it wrong, while you have it right?

He's not a midfielder. To be a midfielder with the rule changes you need to be able to run hard both ways and play around stoppages, which requires a bigger body because of the physical attrition that it puts on a player. That's why we tried to put muscle on him but because he never applied himself in the gym the extra fuel he was getting just turned into fat. There's a reason why we don't play Robbie in the midfield much anymore.

He can pinch hit in centre clearances but that's it. Against crap teams like North he'll be able to dominate but against any team with a sense of system he will fail, because he doesn't have the mental acuity to keep in the game when he's not getting his hands on the ball.

You guys are reacting way too quickly to Wingard Hawfy time he'll settle in & get match fit.. The group thought here last year was that Rocky was a cooked busted backside things change.

This is his third game. Wines had 35 disposals in his third game of the season coming back from the same amount of time out.

If he's not match fit now, there's a problem. I didn't think that Rocky was cooked because I could see how hard he was working and he had games where you got glimpses of what he could be when fit.

Wingard just looks like the same player he was at Port.

Impey is a bit of a nothing player. Was exactly the same at PAFC. Hard to say what his role is and what his expected output is meant to be. He's just there getting a few touches here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back