Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie Chokelin and his finger pointing aside I suspect that a big part of the dee's problem is Max Gawn has become a ghost of the player he was before his monstering by Lycett, both in last years finals, and again in round 1 of this season.
He appears to me as not being far off developing the thousand yard stare.

Charlie Chokelin and his finger pointing aside I suspect that a big part of the dee's problem is Max Gawn has become a ghost of the player he was before his monstering by Lycett, both in last years finals, and again in round 1 of this season.
He appears to me as not being far off developing the thousand yard stare.
He'll get himself going Max but he sure is tentative around the contest at the moment.

In fairness Walsh has had just about the best first month of football since Judd. Rozee is a supreme talent and probably has more match-winning ability than Walsh does, but for pure consistent high output Walsh on current form has him and just about every other rookie of the last decade covered.

Yep, this isn't another Andrew McGrath situation, if Walsh keeps up that kind of output then he thoroughly deserves it.

He signed the deal at the beginning of the season. They must have still been giddy from winning a couple of finals.

image4061139x.jpg

In fairness Walsh has had just about the best first month of football since Judd. Rozee is a supreme talent and probably has more match-winning ability than Walsh does, but for pure consistent high output Walsh on current form has him and just about every other rookie of the last decade covered.
Walsh is a great young player, a worthy #1 pick, and barring injury will win the rising star. That being said, why are media pundits picking Rozee as the "greater potential" of the two?

The fact that Walsh has a different body type, and plays as a permanent mid has him at the coalface constantly. So his first year impact has been similar to SPP's first year, playing as a permanent mid. Imagine adding Walsh's skills to the first year body of SPP? He would have walked away with the Rising Star!

In the end it is moot though, both are going to have amazing careers, and any club would be thrilled with either. The fact we got Rozee at pick #5 is amazing!

Walsh is a great young player, a worthy #1 pick, and barring injury will win the rising star. That being said, why are media pundits picking Rozee as the "greater potential" of the two?

The fact that Walsh has a different body type, and plays as a permanent mid has him at the coalface constantly. So his first year impact has been similar to SPP's first year, playing as a permanent mid. Imagine adding Walsh's skills to the first year body of SPP? He would have walked away with the Rising Star!

In the end it is moot though, both are going to have amazing careers, and any club would be thrilled with either. The fact we got Rozee at pick #5 is amazing!
This year with all the talent there will be quite a few worthy players who will miss out even on a nomination

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFS Dwayno discussing with S Hocking that there needs to a statue erected of Eddie Betts in his pocket that can be unveiled on his retirement.
Also saying PAFC has been left behind in one area of growth, and that is AFLW.

They could build an Eddie Betts statue in the actual pocket on the oval and his statue would still kick 4 on us.

FFS Dwayno discussing with S Hocking that there needs to a statue erected of Eddie Betts in his pocket that can be unveiled on his retirement.
Also saying PAFC has been left behind in one area of growth, and that is AFLW.

David Mundy becomes the Dockers second ever 300 gamer this week - I don't anticipate the same jizz fest with him somehow, given that even his own cheer squad could only manage "Congratulations on 250 solid games" at his previous milestone.

Oh surely they aren’t suggesting that Brendon Lade could be part of the reason the Saints are surging?

I don't think they are that good. Their percentage is the teller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back