Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve seen BigFooty defend many shitty things but defending homophobia is pretty strange.

I’d be pissed off but even nazis will condemn homophobia when speaking publicly, so really I’m just confused.

Believing that homosexuals go to hell results directly in homosexuals being jailed, and executed. And that’s just what governments do “legally”. Ablett should be sacked the smooth-headed smooth-brained campaigner.

@Gremio The distinction is between `i believe this' and `I, a prominent AFL footballer, say gay people will go to hell'.

Its not a great look for the league (or for Geelong), particularly when the AFLW reigning best & fairest and two-time premiership captain is gay af.

Its also not a good look for Geelong, who probably have gay fans, administrators, sponsors, and odds on there being more than one or two gay Geelong players over their history (let alone current), to have arguably their greatest ever player endorsing a dogmatic rejection of gay people.

57186114_658827677888688_1848262746890567680_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The stupid thing is that for so called Christians, neither Folau or Ablett know what that scripture actually talks about. It doesn't say those people will go to hell. It says that they won't inherit god's kingdom.

It's like saying Ken Hinkley will get the sack vs Ken Hinkley won't win a flag. There's a ******* massive difference.
What's even funnier is that they dont even know what hell is! It comes from the Greek word Hades, which is a translation of the Hebrew word Sheol, which has a totally different meaning to the fiery hell that was introduced in Greek mythology, and adopted into the Catholic Church started by the Roman emperor Constantine.

Believing that homosexuals go to hell results directly in homosexuals being jailed, and executed. And that’s just what governments do “legally”.

Probably the most ridiculous part of this whole affair has been the stance taken by QANTAS, who demanded Folau be sacked or they would pull their sponsorship dollars.

QANTAS whose major business partner is Emirates, an airline practically owned by the UAE government, where homosexuality is punishable by death.

Homophobia is bad except when it's good for our bonus' then it's permissible. Virtue signalling, greedy, corporate campaigners.

Probably the most ridiculous part of this whole affair has been the stance taken by QANTAS, who demanded Folau be sacked or they would pull their sponsorship dollars.

QANTAS whose major business partner is Emirates, an airline practically owned by the UAE government, where homosexuality is punishable by death.

Homophobia is bad except when it's good for our bonus' then it's permissible. Virtue signalling, greedy, corporate campaigners.

My favourite one was the naming things that will send you to hell is being 'Idolaters.'

Eg: Don't idolise or worship an idol...

You know like the whole god and jesus thing.

Or literally the only thing giving your ******* self a job folou.

I actively want to sin, but age and sensibility have set in.

I mean sinning in the Cleaver Green mold. (Not including the crappy series IV and V)

Will the Pearly Gates be locked if I just think of sinning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back