Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing hypothetical's with the ladder predictor, if Gold toast, get over the crows and Hawks bin Geelong, the ladder will be -

1st St Kilda
2nd Gold Coast
3rd Fremantle

o_O

Just as we all correctly predicted.

So what is super coach Richo doing right this year??

He’s not doing anything.

St Kilda have beaten Gold Coast by a point at home, Essendon by 11 points at home (because they are a Marvel stadium co-tenant), lost to Fremantle at Optus by 5 points, won against Hawthorn by 5 points at home and won against Melbourne at the MCG by 40 points.

They’ve lucked into a soft as s**t fixture where they don’t have to play anyone good, and they’ve just been on the right side of the ledger in three games. All they’ve been beating sides with is their fitness.

I expect them to beat Adelaide and then start to decline starting with GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s not doing anything.

St Kilda have beaten Gold Coast by a point at home, Essendon by 11 points at home (because they are a Marvel stadium co-tenant), lost to Fremantle at Optus by 5 points, won against Hawthorn by 5 points at home and won against Melbourne at the MCG by 40 points.

They’ve lucked into a soft as s**t fixture where they don’t have to play anyone good, and they’ve just been on the right side of the ledger in three games. All they’ve been beating sides with is their fitness.

Nah underestimate them at ya peril I reckon they get down and dirty.

Wow - I just checked their next 5 weeks: St. Kilda, Fremantle, Port, Brisbane and West Coast. If they lose tomorrow, it could almost be season over.

You think they are going to make finals when they are 2 games and 14 percent behind 8th spot?

Let’s put it another way. Of the four teams that Adelaide have played, they lost to the two teams above them at home and split the two teams below them.

The season is already over.

Saints are working their arses off, doing everything the hard way, but thatll run out by midseason, and they don’t have the x factor or structure to trouble teams from there.
Perhaps but I like the front bar yobbo vibe they have & I'm gonna take more interest if we turn to fertiliser.

The umpires are just letting everybody drop the ball as disposal tonight
They have been doing that since I started watching the league in 2017.

Nah underestimate them at ya peril I reckon they get down and dirty.

I’m not underestimating them. I’m saying when they play teams that can do it better than they can they’ll get exposed.

Let's put it this way - the only statistical category the Saints lead is tackles and they are top four for clearances. That means they've gone down the route of making it a slog around stoppage and breaking away at speed. When their bodies get beat up on the inside and the legs don't want to work anymore during June/July/August, they are going to fade into nothing.

Or to put it another way - Collingwood, Geelong, Port Adelaide and GWS all have a contested possession differential of 10+ or greater.

St Kilda are -0.2.

He’s not doing anything.

soft draw or not, someone is doing something right for them to already win as many games as they did last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back