Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Talking about the Saints.
SEN this am just about calling Richardson the coach of the year.
Just 4 weeks ago, everyone was saying he would be gone by the end of 2019.
Things change.
Can I hope?

I might pop over to the Saints board and ask what's going on, they were odds on to not win a game this year.

Chad will only improve as he gains match fitness and learns to play in Hawthorn's system.

There's also a good chance that Clarko will give up the Cyril replacement idea one day and realise that Chad's best position is midfield.

Either way, Chad wins, because he gets to play finals at Hawthorn and be praised for being a great player no matter what he does while we stuff around at Port doing whatever it is we've been doing for the past 15 years.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lol * me how excuse ridden is the injury report on AFL.com?

MEDICAL ROOM
St Kilda:
Tough defender Daniel McKenzie was concussed in the second term and was ruled out of the contest. Speedy forward Matthew Parker went into the rooms in the second term to have a leg issue looked at but he came back on to the field.
'FRUSTRATED' Hannebery aiming to return in 'back half' of season
Hawthorn:
Frawley had ice strapped to his left hamstring in the second quarter and didn't return, while Stratton was concussed in the third term. Conor Nash (hamstring/glute) and James Cousins (right leg) both went down the race, while Daniel Howe needed attention for cut to his face, Isaac Smith had his right hand looked at and Chad Wingard suffered a blood nose. Jarman Impey was sore late after a heavy collision.

Cuts to the face? Blood nose? Sore?

Pretty sure St Kilda had a guy running around with no nose but that didn't get a mention.

It's only a matter of time before Wingard goes bang. Even if he doesn't give 100% he'll still turn it on.

Lock in May 25 at Tasmania, he'll have a point to prove and he'll stop at nothing to make it.

I'm going to that game.

#pray4feel

Chrizzt

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It's only a matter of time before Wingard goes bang. Even if he doesn't give 100% he'll still turn it on.

Lock in May 25 at Tasmania, he'll have a point to prove and he'll stop at nothing to make it.

I'm going to that game.

#pray4feel
I'm not remotely convinced the Chad will ever live up to his potential, and will most likely continue to coast at the Hawks like he was at Port the last few years.

Having said that there's a bloody high chance that his first match against us will see him dominate.

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm not remotely convinced the Chad will ever live up to his potential, and will most likely continue to coast at the Hawks like he was at Port the last few years.

Having said that there's a bloody high chance that his first match against us will see him dominate.

Pencil him in the be BOG and the difference in a Hawks win.

As said already, will be going out with a point to prove.

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
People criticising Duursma for missing that shot should redirect their angst to perennial poor shots at goal and supposed leaders like Gray, Westhoff, Wines etc. Xavier played pretty well and gave us plenty of drive off his wing. Bassett too was less than complimentary about his game which was bloody poor form. Really don't like Bassett.

Bassett comes across to me as an insufferable sanctimonious condescending smart arse.
Too cool by half me thinks

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How’s the other night when Walker was lining up for his one goal of the game, and James Brayshaw wouldn’t shut up as he lined up about what an elite kick for goal he is.
You could hardly have got a more simple shot at goal for a right footer. 35-40 metres out, 45 degree angle, on the good side for right foot kicker......

The ball sails through....

Brayshaw - “...............Brilliant!..........”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chad was very bloody consistent 13 - 16. To say he only turned it on now and then is a bit of retconning his Port career.

I have no doubt there's a a lot of factors behind his 17 - 18 form outside of his own motivation.

Should he have toughened up and got the best out of himself? Yes.

Is it entirely his fault he felt on the outside and was suffering due to a stagnant gameplan and lack of forward coaching? No.

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How’s the other night when Walker was lining up for his one goal of the game, and James Brayshaw wouldn’t shut up as he lined up about what an elite kick for goal he is.
You could hardly have got a more simple shot at goal for a right footer. 35-40 metres out, 45 degree angle, on the good side for right foot kicker......

The ball sails through....

Brayshaw - “...............Brilliant!..........”

Brayshaw fellated the big Texan all night. We all know he's a good field kick, but he shanks half his shots at goal.

His problem is that he's too fat, slow and lazy to do anything if he doesn't mark it. And he's a shithouse contested mark so the only way he gets any of the ball is if it's laced out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back