Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain to me why game of thrones is something the AFL wants to associate itself with? The plot seems to consist of successively more gruesome deaths and gratuitous sexual violence. Or am I missing some nuance here?
it's popular and makes lots of money

Can someone explain to me why game of thrones is something the AFL wants to associate itself with? The plot seems to consist of successively more gruesome deaths and gratuitous sexual violence. Or am I missing some nuance here?
You’re missing something, it’s a very good story and the show is brilliant in the first few seasons.

Id rather hear about GoT than their constant horse racing coverage tbh.

Is it the AFL associating itself with GoT or just FoxFooty? FoxFooty would be as some form of cross-promotional marketing ploy.

The books are awesome! I haven't watched the TV series yet, though.

tumblr_ouagqyTV8V1v1frjoo1_250.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Series 1 - 5 are fairly close to the books (although season 2 completely messes up the House of the Undying), with further diverging after that. Season 1 is the closest to the books and the best season of the lot.

You can pick where the books end and they are relying on the outline from GRRM, the quality of dialogue drops markedly. Luckily that's the point that we get more dragons and battles to compensate. It's a pity GRRM spent so much time with side projects and conventions whilst the show was running. It wouldn't have, at his pace, gotten to the series finished, but perhaps Winds of Winter could have been done, so in the show parts of season 5 - 7 could have more accurately followed it.

As for Game of Thrones round, I find it amusing that with the AFL so desperate to be seen as PC, that episode 1 of Season 8 was probably the most show of **** in the last couple of seasons.

Incest best describes their succession planning.

You better if you want to know how it ends.

I'm not backing George to hang on long enough to finish the book series. ;)

Brisbane have sold out the GABBA for their game against the Magpies on Thursday. Holds 42k...

Surely they're the biggest bandwagoners ever after 3 wins?

They were pulling in 15k last year.
Send this to Richardson if he wonders why so many have fallen off Port. The solution is simple really.

I'm sure the majority of what's sent to him is sitting in his spam folder anyway. It's quite pointless even bothering at this point of the season there's not going to be changes.
He replied to my email, or someone did, and it wasn’t a rote answer. He would get the gist. He really knows the frustrations anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back