Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody hell, what’s caused Boyd to retire?

For such a **** career he was amazing in that gf
“My decision to retire now is a reflection of issues I’ve had over the past five years both with physical injury and with mental health, and they have now accumulated to a point where I just don’t have the desire to play or the enjoyment of the game I used to have,” Boyd said.

A few players seem to be struggling physically and mentally after winning flags recently. Is it because of the lack of them backing it up or the mental and physical toll required doesnt get outweighed by the euphoria of lack there of from winning a flag.

Lot of "I've worked my whole life for this moment, is that it?"

might as well bring Boyd in on the cheap and fix him up. he was just at the wrong clubs pulling on a port jumper will turn him into the next Carey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel for the fella. Obviously must be in a bad space to give up.
Bulldogs have lucked out here, not having to pay the other 2 million.
I thought it was a ridiculous contract at the time.
Imagine if Swans and Buddy were to do the same.
Clubs making ridiculous offers to get players on long expensive contracts and then not having to see it through.

I feel for the fella. Obviously must be in a bad space to give up.
Bulldogs have lucked out here, not having to pay the other 2 million.
I thought it was a ridiculous contract at the time.
Imagine if Swans and Buddy were to do the same.
Clubs making ridiculous offers to get players on long expensive contracts and then not having to see it through.

Sorry Tom I know you aren't doing the best but that facial hair is horrific.

I hope people from the Bulldogs/AFLPA continue to look after Boyd well after he's left the game. To give up the opportunity to play sport for a living, at his age, on that sort of money, he must be in a seriously poor head space.

I hope people from the Bulldogs/AFLPA continue to look after Boyd well after he's left the game. To give up the opportunity to play sport for a living, at his age, on that sort of money, he must be in a seriously poor head space.

his interview on 360 in 2013 was telling , only at u18s level and he was using school as an escape , was hard on himself and when he couldn't preform it obviously hurt him then add media on to it , he clearly felt trapped and only leaving footy did he have a chance at freeing himself

Tom Boyd has made $3m+ from 2015-2019. Playing sport for a living would absolutely suck any enjoyment you would have for the game out of it because it would become your job and all your performances would be endlessly scrutinised by not only your coaches, but the fans and the media as well.

If he invested his money wisely, he has the opportunity to never work again.

Seriously, why would you bother? He’s won a premiership. He’s got money. I’d be retiring early too. Go and enjoy life.

A mob of kangaroos hops across the field mid-game in Woolgoolga, NSW. : Northern Beaches Blues
How Australian ... :D:p:p

It could have been more Australian.

They could have eaten the Roos after the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back