Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol reading that article about the Crows - Bulldogs game in 2016

Beveridge dismissed suggestions the club would be well served in chasing out of form Collingwood forward Travis Cloke, as suggested by former AFL star Chris Judd.
“We are pretty happy with our key forward stocks,” he said.

If you’ve got to rely on free kicks to determine whether you win or lose, you’re not good enough and just making up the numbers.

People have already said it - we got a good run with the umpires against the Bulldogs in 2016 and they still managed to win. What did they do that year? Won the flag. Yes, with assistance, but that just means their opponents weren’t good enough either.

GWS isn’t good enough to win with a handicap, and Adelaide isn’t good enough to win without one. Neither will win the flag this year.

'Which potato-headed UK actor does Troy Pannell look more like, John Hannah or James Nesbitt?'

Isn't he the Jimeoin umpire?

First thing I got in response to mentioning the free kick count is “wE wErE fIrSt To ThE bAlL”

Well explain to me why Port leads the competition in contested ball yet has the worst free kick differential?

100% this.. I want to know how many head high free kicks we get compared to the rest of the comp also. Seems every week they completely ignore high contact against us.

Damn, just cannot get over it. Free kicks 24 to 7. Are you kidding??

And still remember the freo game. Eddie betts was clearly caught holding the ball but was allowed to play on...

People say the AFL is all about making money, the cows have bigger attendance and the AFL just want them to play the finals to make more money. I start to believe it now.

Now next week they play the undermanned Richmond again at home. Win this and if you look at the rest of their games, they are in the top 4 and hard to miss the finals.
Fixture is another thing. When I look at their fixture, every time they play a good team they play at home and always play away against the bad teams. Who made the *****fixture?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Damn, just cannot get over it. Free kicks 24 to 7. Are you kidding??

And still remember the freo game. Eddie betts was clearly caught holding the ball but was allowed to play on...

People say the AFL is all about making money, the cows have bigger attendance and the AFL just want them to play the finals to make more money. I start to believe it now.

Now next week they play the undermanned Richmond again at home. Win this and if you look at the rest of their games, they are in the top 4 and hard to miss the finals.
Fixture is another thing. When I look at their fixture, every time they play a good team they play at home and always play away against the bad teams. Who made the *****fixture?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pretty hard not to start to believe its a rigged competition. Need to be called out on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back