Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are the new Richmond and own 9th now. None of this low table s**t please.

Consider this, Wallace only got 5 years in total. And his tenure was completely derailed by his boom recruit’s leg turning into a pretzel when he was arguably the best player in the comp.

Well done Brisbane. Behind all day, poor kicking for goal, one soft technical ruck free against, one soft dodgy free for them, then a second free for them that was there every day of the week. Folk wisdom says you work hard to get into a position where luck can plays some part in your favor but you also have to not be $%^&ing stupid along the way.

I wish our group was as full of belief in themselves. We see that with our kids when they're up and going, but it's hardly reasonable or even possible for the rest of the group after the last four and a half agonizing seasons of "you want me to do what?" game planning. I wish we had a coaching group able to at least instill some discipline to go with the natural belief of youth and we might even be taken seriously in this bloody chosen sport of ours.

I am with
Am I the only one who was barracking for North hoping they'd push us down a spot on the ladder.

fu** I'm so angry at this club. Can't believe I'm in that sort of headspace that right now we almost need to finish 12-13th to hopefully trigger change.
be positive for once ffs mate!
We are all pissed off, but the guy is a fair dinkum cancer on our board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both frees were clearly there.

Not sure exactly when you posted that. The ruck free to Brown was ridiculously, technically there. The flop to Brisbane just as technically there, even worse. The last free to Brisbane 100% there.

Far more importantly, a yoof-full Brisbane group sucked it up and got the ball back I50 twice in a minute after a very soft free against them. Our closest recent equivalent performance required the last-gasp tap of a lifetime from Ryder to Gray plus a clear defensive lapse from two Saints defenders.

Could you imagine them saying that about Riewoldt ? Never happen
It's a decision by decision on it's merit play by play occupation that sort of attitude should have whoever it was umpiring in the country bumpkin leagues next week.

I think you’ve answered your own question

That’s it’s not on its own merits in reality
Yea we've given them an inch and they've taken a mile.

Talk too much to players
Over officious
Specifically watching certain players closer than others which pollutes any decision made in that regard.

You could list a thousand more it's concerning.

I'm not sure it's out of line either way.

It’s not out of line but it’s yet another example of the biased approach to the officiating of our games. We must be the only club in the league without a single protected species and the longest list of thugs to be wary of (Jonas, Dixon, SPP, Rockliff, Howard, Hartlett... soon to include Lycett)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back