Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As funny as it is when Crows players leave, they always extract decent value for their players. I hope they don't gain too much and go through a quick rebuild.

I went to a friend’s house last night, to watch the ill fated first day of the Lords Test. My mate’s son in law is an avid Essendon fan, and he was understandably despondent about what happened on Saturday night. He then floored me with this statistic – apparently no Essendon coach other than Kevin Sheedy has coached the Bombers to a winning final in the last 50 years!!!

I was about to disagree with this - as a kid living in Vic I remember Essendon won its way into the 1968 grand final but then - bloody hell - I realised how old I was and this was in fact 51 years ago! BTW - coach was Jack Clarke

They're being forced out because they're not far from going over the salary cap.
Jenkins has 2 years on his contract. Can't see them off loading that in a hurry.

Keath looks like there best defender at the moment.

Strange times for the customers I would say.

As funny as it is when Crows players leave, they always extract decent value for their players. I hope they don't gain too much and go through a quick rebuild.
Their drafting will ensure they won't

We've swapped with them big time these last 3-5 years.... They couldn't get a pick wrong, now we've had some good fortunes.

Not sure why the Tingles are keeping Betts he's cooked, perhaps it's more to do with keeping the players on side.

Not sure why the Tingles are keeping Betts he's cooked, perhaps it's more to do with keeping the players on side.
Keeping the nanna's on side

For players they don’t actually want to lose, like Cameron, Lever and McGovern, sure.

For players they are looking to offload? I remember when someone was telling me that Ian Perrie and Ken McGregor would be successfully traded. I told them they were dreaming because they were rubbish and aging.

Adelaide would never trade a player that is actually worth something the way we traded Polec and Wingard. They squeeze all the juice out of the orange and then sew the two halves together and try to sell it for half price.

They are going to be s**t for a very long time. It’s what happens when you think you’re close to a flag, push all your chips into the middle (Jenkins/Walker/Lynch/Sloane/Betts/Talia/Gibbs) because you believe so strongly in the Neil Craig ideology that began back in 2005...then lose it all.

The new Carlton/Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went to a friend’s house last night, to watch the ill fated first day of the Lords Test. My mate’s son in law is an avid Essendon fan, and he was understandably despondent about what happened on Saturday night. He then floored me with this statistic – apparently no Essendon coach other than Kevin Sheedy has coached the Bombers to a winning final in the last 50 years!!!
Yep, after Essendon lost the 1968 GF to Carlton by 3 pts, they didn't make finals in 1969, and they only played in finals 3 times in the 1970's and lost the elimination final in each year despite having some great players. In Sheedy's first year in 1981 they were 1-5, he threatened to come out of retirement, they then won 15 straight, lost the last game before finals and lost the elimination final again. They lost the elimination final again in 1982.

So they went 1969-1982, 14 seasons seasons without a finals win and now its 2005-2018, another 14 seasons without a finals win.

One ruckman leaves the Giants...

wow he's 30? I remember him being injured a fair bit at Geelong but had no idea he was at the end of his career. Thought he was 26 or something.

wow he's 30? I remember him being injured a fair bit at Geelong but had no idea he was at the end of his career. Thought he was 26 or something.
Legit knew nothing about him....

Thought they meant Zac Dawson....

That's as nothing career as I've ever come across. 47 games in 12 years, no wonder...

Legit knew nothing about him....

Thought they meant Zac Dawson....

That's as nothing career as I've ever come across. 47 games in 12 years, no wonder...

He's no Roger James, that's for sure.

Wines is the most overrated player we've ever had, I can appreciate his grunt work but he really doesn't have much else to get excited about.

For all the media attention over the years due to where he was drafted etc. he's what nearly 25 years old and never been close to AA honours.

Wines is the most overrated player we've ever had, I can appreciate his grunt work but he really doesn't have much else to get excited about.

For all the media attention over the years due to where he was drafted etc. he's what nearly 25 years old and never been close to AA honours.
Shouldn't we wait till October before all these posts come back to bite....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back