Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a bit going down on the Adl board and twitter. Apparently after their loss today Riccuto said something to the effect of....we back in our people at the club, if the supporters don't like it, they can barrack for someone else.

i read that it in rooshittos voice followed by 'ahawhawhawhuhhuhuh'

First Elimination Final (5th v 8th): West Coast Eagles v Essendon - Thursday night, 8:10pm, Optus Stadium

First Qualifying Final (1st v 4th): Geelong Cats v Collingwood - Friday night, 7:50pm, MCG

Second Elimination Final (6th v 7th): GWS Giants v Western Bulldogs - Saturday afternoon, 3:20pm, Giants Stadium

Second Qualifying Final (2nd v 3rd): Brisbane Lions v Richmond - Saturday night, 7:25pm, Gabba

There's a bit going down on the Adl board and twitter. Apparently after their loss today Riccuto said something to the effect of....we back in our people at the club, if the supporters don't like it, they can barrack for someone else.

It sounds similar to what Whately said except it came straight from the clubs mouth. Their PR person will be earning their money tonight.
In interviews this year I have heard all of Chapman, Birdman and Pyke say that frankly they feel INSULTED by supporters and media’s comments questioning them and their motives, or the gall that certain questions would even be asked of them.
All three of them have used that exact same word.
Lucky they have such a massive supporter base that they can be so egotistical and pompous from up in their ivory tower at the Swamp.

Once GC gets their likely priority pick 9 and 19 for 4. With a clear top 2 in this draft and Adelaide needing a massive list overhaul, with lots of quality youth, I wouldn’t call it a clear win for Adelaide IMO. I’d call it a draw, Adelaide list is such old dross one top kid is going to do nothing.
Through other pick swaps and trades, the Crows also have Carlton's second round pick in this draft.

Eh. If it was a top 2 pick the Crows win, but from what I've read you could probably throw a blanket over 3 to about 10 this year.
Yeah if it's a poor pool then it works back to even or Carltons favour, but without that info if you told me we could trade pick 8 and 19 for 3, I'd do that deal all day, every day.

Through other pick swaps and trades, the Crows also have Carlton's second round pick in this draft.
The key is Stocker in all of this. Carlton rated him very highly but nobody else did (obviously), still if he turns out the way Cartlon think he will and that's like a top 10 pick in a pretty solid draft, then they will feel vindicated about this trade.

Pick 4 for picks 9 and 19 in which one of these picks is part of a super draft. Not sure who's in front.

To think that Essendon will have played more finals than us in the last 5 years, even whilst having enduring the worst scandal in their history.

I just had a look at Essendon's results this season - apart from an early season win against the now white hot Brisbane, they just beat the Giants at home (having been flogged by them away) plus Hawthorn of the other finalists, but somehow managed to scrape 12 wins together with a s**t percentage. Piss easy draw or what.

i read that it in roos**ttos voice followed by 'ahawhawhawhuhhuhuh'
Strange thing to have a crack at your customers like that. But they have happy clappers lined up, so if a few piss off they'll just full them with other morons. They have a large supporter base so they can tell there own customers to get stuffed if they want.

I just had a look at Essendon's results this season - apart from an early season win against the now white hot Brisbane, they just beat the Giants at home (having been flogged by them away) plus Hawthorn of the other finalists, but somehow managed to scrape 12 wins together with a s**t percentage. Piss easy draw or what.

That GWS game was absolutely fixed too. 20-odd points up with 5 mins left and the umps put the whistle away for the Bombers to do what they wanted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First Elimination Final (5th v 8th): West Coast Eagles v Essendon - Thursday night, 8:10pm, Optus Stadium

First Qualifying Final (1st v 4th): Geelong Cats v Collingwood - Friday night, 7:50pm, MCG

Second Elimination Final (6th v 7th): GWS Giants v Western Bulldogs - Saturday afternoon, 3:20pm, Giants Stadium

Second Qualifying Final (2nd v 3rd): Brisbane Lions v Richmond - Saturday night, 7:25pm, Gabba
Well that's depressing, thanks guys

Lel the backlash must have gotten to poor Roo.

lol at the hard backpeddle from Max and tagging Good News Fagan in it. The fear of the Shitelaide media "never again" list is strong in this one.

Who does the loser of Collingwood/Geelong play? West Coast if they get up over Essendon?

If so, Chris Scott will be crying a few more tears today. Collingwood at the MCG, then West Coast at the MCG (Who have played extremely well there this year) when they lose to the Pies. Great “home ground” advantage for finishing top spot lol. I’d back them going into both of those games underdogs, whereas if it was in Geelong I’d have them easy favourites.

Who does the loser of Collingwood/Geelong play? West Coast if they get up over Essendon?

If so, Chris Scott will be crying a few more tears today. Collingwood at the MCG, then West Coast at the MCG (Who have played extremely well there this year) when they lose to the Pies. Great “home ground” advantage for finishing top spot lol. I’d back them going into both of those games underdogs, whereas if it was in Geelong I’d have them easy favourites.
Geelong can hardly complain. They get the best deal in the whole AFL. Home games at their own stadium AND ‘away’ games against Victorian sides at the MCG and Marvel. Take away playing all those home games at Geelong every year and they’d have 2-3 less wins almost every year. ‘Forced’ to play home finals at the MCG is a tiny imposition in comparison to the gains.

I reckon Port had the most disappointing season, relative to list ability, of all the teams in the AFL in 2019.

Your footy department needs a big broom taken to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back