Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could look at it that way, or you could look at it as he was beaten once this year. Who else got the better of him?

I can't recall who played on who but I do recall both Tom Lynch and Jack Gunston kicking 6 against us.

Essendon make the finals with a percentage of 95. Just goes to show how those what happen losses to sides in s**t form continue to burn us apparently with full backing of the CE.

Touch of the Fumbles is about the crows but I think Port supporters can identify with the themes and memes

https://indaily.com.au/sport/touch-of-the-fumbles/2019/08/26/touch-of-the-fumbles-mad-monday/

At long last, we’ve reached the business end of the season: that hallowed stage where ordinary players become heroes and heroes become legends, the ultimate test of stamina, resolve and resilience to which both SA teams have evidently keenly aspired all year.

I’m talking, of course, about Mad Monday.

Yep, bugger finals glory – let’s get pissed instead.

In fact, that could be Adelaide’s new club slogan for 2020. With perhaps an alternative club song as well:

Of course, Mad Mondays are notorious for the outrageous dress-ups, and I hear the Adelaide players are going all out this year on their outfits, collectively pulling off a masterpiece of far-fetched fancy dress: they’re going to pretend to be a semi-competent football team.

The muck-up day festivities will be overseen by the comic stylings of emerging stand-up star Taylor Walker, who had us in stitches this time last week with comedy gold such as “I hope blokes are ready to roll their sleeves up because we’re still a chance to play finals”, and “We need to play with a bit of heart and a bit of passion and play for each other and play for the guernsey”.

8zZz4aqivrEkvQiKLPCAFV-8LmQ=.gif

I think we can all agree that hilarity prevailed, particularly coming from the guy with statistically the least impact on the ground in the previous week’s mauling by Collingwood.

dfj5UVwZa1JEZahgxULN1f7DcsQ=.gif

To be fair, Tex did kick five goals yesterday, showcasing his adept comic timing by saving his best scoring output of the year for one of our worst performances.

Lol the SANFL Coleman was won by a bloke who kicked 46 goals for the year.

Why even bother playing our talls in that Bush league.

I'm sure Frampton would have managed that if he wasn't changing positions and having to share with Dix or Ryder or Marshall every other week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrew Fagan on radio just spectacularly dodged confirming Don Pyke being head coach of Adelaide in 2020.

"DON PYKE is a great coach and we'll assess after review"
I wish our club admin were as honest as the Crows admin. Dodging at least means you’re afraid of being caught in a lie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least the Crows have stated that their last two seasons are unacceptable. We've just stuck our fingers in our ears until the "outside noise" goes away.

If those two situations were reversed there would be (deserved) merciless pillorying of them on our board. Today will not go down as an auspicious day in PAFC history.

You guys should of tuned into to 5aa tonight, I normally don't listen to that but with all the fires about at the moment I just had to.

My favourite part was old wrinkles telling Rowey he is a real dickhead at times.

They had a great s**t fight on air. It was very entertaining. But in Roweys defense he just wants and open and honest review and not one of Roos or Chapman's mates doing it.

Poor Rowey, had a point though. Then again so did old wrinkles, Rowey certainly is a fair dickhead.

Tom Clurey gotta be the most underrated player in the comp to not even get into the squad of 40. What the fu** has Daniel talia done this year?

Not let Ben Brown kick 10 on him, for one.

You guys should of tuned into to 5aa tonight, I normally don't listen to that but with all the fires about at the moment I just had to.

My favourite part was old wrinkles telling Rowey he is a real dickhead at times.

They had a great s**t fight on air. It was very entertaining. But in Roweys defense he just wants and open and honest review and not one of Roos or Chapman's mates doing it.

Poor Rowey, had a point though. Then again so did old wrinkles, Rowey certainly is a fair dickhead.

Rowe is undoubtedly a dickhead, but he is also a genuine and passionate fan of his club. He actually does care about the Crows and desperately wants to see them succeed, the same way we desperately want to see the PAFC succeed.

Graham Cornes on the other hand is just a disingenuous apologist. And so is his son, only on the other side of the fence.

Last edited:
Tom Morris just said on ‘On The Couch’ that while Justin Longmuir is the favourite, Freo may be sounding out Schofield.

He may be the most in-demand assistant sooner rather than later.
Welcome to this evening's play reading, "PAFC 2005-2010" starring the enigmatic Ken Hinkley as Mark "methuselah contract" Williams and firebrand Jarrad Schofield as Alastair "bide your time son" Clarkson!

Tom Morris just said on ‘On The Couch’ that while Justin Longmuir is the favourite, Freo may be sounding out Schofield.

He may be the most in-demand assistant sooner rather than later.
Should be promising Schoey the job here and hope he can out up with Hinkley for another year. We also must Bring in a director of coaching above Hinkley to over rule him when needed.

Tom Clurey gotta be the most underrated player in the comp to not even get into the squad of 40. What the fu** has Daniel talia done this year?

Talia made the squad?

He was practically anonymous this year.

Skated by doing not bad not great just well enough to do his job, which is to hold forwards for long enough for another crow to get a mark/spoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back