Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep just like when they sacked sando and they had walshy stitched up.they would haven known for a few weeks pyke was not going to coach next year.they will pretend to go thru a process but i think they have someone.dont know who tho i suspect it will come from burns, bass, noble or rutten

The last thing we need is another coach poached from us. Especially from them.

We really are the poor cousin.

Losing say Bass would disrupt Ken no end, they seem to be quite close.

Feels like we could be heading for a shaky year before it’s begun if we disrupt the coaching group again.

I like how the people who appointed pyke and enabled the disaster after disaster are absolved of everything.

Riccuito runs that club and anyone he likes stays on forever. Those he doesn't become fall guys for the crow media machine.

It really is morbidly curious watching that club.

Ricciuto was publicly putting Pyke through the Fox Footy media meat grinder for months. Then announces a review staffed by his Fox Footy mates and lo and behold Pyke steps down. Independent of the review lol.

They'll nail some other poor bugger just to make it look like there was some other agenda. Look out Campo, you're expendable.

Good luck whoever takes over that chaotic dictatorship. Not really ;)

The last thing we need is another coach poached from us. Especially from them.

We really are the poor cousin.

Losing say Bass would disrupt Ken no end, they seem to be quite close.

Feels like we could be heading for a shaky year before it’s begun if we disrupt the coaching group again.

How exactly does having an assistant coach poached mean we are the poor cousin?

More news re Rioli, they're now saying that he caught in the act by ASADA in what ever he used to mask his test.
Why the hell has it taken the AFL 3 weeks to ban him from bloody playing, surely they would've known what had happened immediately, or at latest the day after.

Gillon can not keep his job after this.

More news re Rioli, they're now saying that he caught in the act by ASADA in what ever he used to mask his test.
Why the hell has it taken the AFL 3 weeks to ban him from bloody playing, surely they would've known what had happened immediately, or at latest the day after.

The AFL were notified Wednesday night.

If they get a New coach AND Luko?
If that happens there will be some pretty despondent Port supporters next year and some pretty excited Crows ones.
I know RUOK day was yesterday but you worry far too much about what the Camry Crows are doing for it to be healthy.

That’s why I can’t understand the envy people on this board have for what the Crows did today.

All they did was scapegoat the outsider.

Better than scapegoating Chad Wingard.

Ricciuto was publicly putting Pyke through the Fox Footy media meat grinder for months. Then announces a review staffed by his Fox Footy mates and lo and behold Pyke steps down. Independent of the review lol.

They'll nail some other poor bugger just to make it look like there was some other agenda. Look out Campo, you're expendable.

Good luck whoever takes over that chaotic dictatorship. Not really ;)
Pyke is smart enough and aware enough to work out what findings the external review was required to report so jumped.

Would be a hoot though if the external review was actually independent and returned findings that lay the blame on Rucciuto's mates and absolved Pyke.

Pyke is smart enough and aware enough to work out what findings the external review was required to report so jumped.

Would be a hoot though if the external review was actually independent and returned findings that lay the blame on Rucciuto's mates and absolve Pyke.

That ain't happening Stevie. This "Review" was never independent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has nothing to do with Gil, ASADA took their time and Willie chose not to own up early. ASADA have to make sure they follow the process and clear their own staff of any wrongdoing before they provisionally suspend someone.

The expectation is obviously that someone caught in the act stops playing and lawyers up ASAP. Why on earth Willie hasnt told anyone is beyond me.

Hence my first paragraph.

Most of the Camry Crows supporters I've spoken to since the review was announced confuse "external" with "independent". When you hire mates and business associates to carry out an external review it's never going to be independent.

The Weagles honcho Vozzo who spoke to the media on this yesterday didn't put up much of a defence other than to say that Willie's doing it tough atm. Hopefully Willie has just done something silly like use Gatorade because he wasn't able to pee, rather than doing something really silly like trying to cover up the fact that he's done something really, really silly like taking a WADA prohibited substance.

Wasn't there some sort of camping exercise that may have had a bearing on this ? :think:

Don Pyke has not “lost the playing group” and there will be players that are devastated that he has resigned.

Conversely, there will be underperforming players who will be pleased to see him go.
They are the ones who have been quick to blame their inadequacies on the coach.
They sow the seeds of discontent and divide a playing group. The complaints filter down to their families and then, for those who have a direct line to mischievous journalists, into the public arena.

Yep, Chapman let the cat out the bag on radio by saying they need to 'wrap this review up asap now'.

If the review was independent, surely it would be completed in it's own time, of its own steam.

Resigned my arse... and I don't care how "rich" he is... 1.6 mil over 2 years is a fair chunk o' change for anyone.

How exactly does having an assistant coach poached mean we are the poor cousin?

It means they have destiny in their own hands and we don’t. However you look at it Pyke leaving was due to the fact they have the $ to deal with it.

If we had the $ muscle Ken would of been clipped.

The sliding doors part is there are only 2 teams in Adelaide and so many candidates, so if we lose something we’d rather keep it’s due to the fact we are the poor cousin.

We wait cap in hand.

It means they have destiny in their own hands and we don’t. However you look at it Pyke leaving was due to the fact they have the $ to deal with it.

If we had the $ muscle Ken would of been clipped.

The sliding doors part is there are only 2 teams in Adelaide and so many candidates, so if we lose something we’d rather keep it’s due to the fact we are the poor cousin.

We wait cap in hand.

You reckon it might mean assistant coaches go where they see the best opportunity to become a senior coach?

And sadly while we seem beholden to professor smart campaigner Ken the best chance of being a senior coach is elsewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back