Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I personally think he will be ok but not a gun coach don't really know what burns is like now but he missed out on the Adelaide job in 2012 then missed out on west coast job in 2014 to simpson as well as the gold coast one a couple of years back. But someone I spoke to close to west coast said that they thought he would be a good assistant but not the best choice for head coach. They thought he was good tactically but lacked the spark and persona to get an extra 5 or 10 percent out of a playing group which is needed to win big games like finals as an example. Since west coast he has assisted at collingwood and hawks so he May have stepped up I don't know.

On the Crows' rumour thread, it says Burns not interested in their coaching job, which is consistent with what I'd heard a few years ago when he was linked to their head coaching position

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They must have one of the highest coach turnovers in the comp.
Clever ploy I guess.
Keeps the punters hopeful and excited and they get their pound of flesh.
New coach syndrome gets players up and about and excited for a year or two and they play finals.
Then as the inevitable rot sets in, they give him the flick for the next one.
Meanwhile at Port.......

You would t want to be the fifth team looking for a coach in one season!

Well if ever there were a season to be the fifth team looking to appoint a coach it'd be the season where the three who have made their appointments made internal appointments.

Tassie team would of been better.
I support a second Queensland team, the game needs it to grow.

The existence of a Tassie team shouldn't be dependent on the existence of a second Queensland team, it should come at the expense of one of the billioneventy superfluous Victorian sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back