Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game itself outside of the handouts the Suns and Giants got is manipulated against most sides bar the big Victorian clubs. That'd the least of the issue the handouts they got to start up.

We have a competition where the score review system despite however much money the AFL pumped into a bunker still can't get decisions right, it nearly cost the Giants a preliminary final yesterday as it swung the game. The top team in Geelong has to play their home finals that they earnt over the home & away season at the home of Collingwood this year, and Richmond two years ago. Richmond played 8 home games in a row to make the finals due to fixturing manipulation. Then to top it off you could have a interstate side go 22-0 play two home finals, then make the GF and play a big Victorian side in it in a away Grand Final cause of a contract that is blatantly out of touch. That all doesn't factor in stage managed suspensions the AFL hand down to Stephenson for example so he comes back for the finals and all the other crooked crap they do. Oh and throw in disgusting umpiring week to week and fiddling with the rules each season.

The handouts the Suns and Giants got are the least of the worries following the AFL I feel.
Just read your post ... :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

You are late to the party, those issues have already been discussed and agreed.
Patience ... I am a slow reader! ;)

More mystifying is that supposedly every goal get reviewed by a video umpire. I thought the AFL set up a NRL style bunker for the finals so nothing like this could happen.

Perhaps we (collectively) shouldn't believe logic and common sense is an integral part of the AFL.

It seems the direction for when a review is made has not been clearly defined. As others have mentioned, should every goal be reviewed or only those on the goal line. Should a review only be made when called by a central umpire.

what could be the best thing about a Richmond v GWS Grand Final

IF the Giants win … they would have done something the cows (with their then dangerous forward line) couldn't do

then imagine the cow supporting idiots melts

GWS winning yesterday guarantees the streak of clarkson apprentices winning flags to 4.
Clarkson 3 2013-2015
Clarkson assistants 4 2016-2019
Plus 5 of the top 8 this year.

We should nab Sam Mitchell to be our next coach.
Said the other day he is not ready but I think he might be by August next year.
No no be positive kenny will break the streak next year😉

I don't mind if the ball is touched in the field of play not affecting whether it's a goal or not unless the umpires call it on the ground. When does it stop? Just leave reviews to goal line stuff, and tell them to get on with the rest. I mean, what if an umpire calls a ball touched and it hasn't been? Does it get counted as a goal? Does it get reviewed?

You'll be sitting there for hours looking through every bit of footage.
Problem is they did it two times out of three in this game in essentially identical circumstances

I reckon you can owe it to their recruitment strategy and their choice of first coach. They got a bunch of veterans to help see them through the early years and impart some experience, and got an old timer coach who was well respected and a known legend to the kids. It made sense then and it still makes sense now.

According to Chocolate, he was essentially the coach (tactics, strategy, training sessions) while Sheedy was more the figurehead (general aura, man management, team talks, inspo) and salesman (schmoozing the corporate world, etc), and what prevented the expected handover was they weren’t prepared to pay Choc market wage.

Whether this is 100% true or embellished kernels, well.

what could be the best thing about a Richmond v GWS Grand Final

IF the Giants win … they would have done something the cows (with their then dangerous forward line) couldn't do

then imagine the cow supporting idiots melts
The best thing about a GWS flag would be the pressure put on by McGuire and co to water down the advantages the northern clubs get from their academies.

If Port ceased to exist, I reckon I’d have two options for a team to support and they both played last night.

I find it interesting that I see GWS as a solid football club, but GCS as a sterile exhibition franchise. Giants feel much more grounded.

GWS has become that team that everyone hates, playing hard football close to the edge. They have become what we could not in the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Subiaco are killing South Freo in the WAFL Grannie

Subiaco were a powerhouse before Schofield arrived, and they'll be a powerhouse long after Schofield left.

I like him, but his credentials as a head coach are overstated at the moment.

I reckon you can owe it to their recruitment strategy and their choice of first coach. They got a bunch of veterans to help see them through the early years and impart some experience, and got an old timer coach who was well respected and a known legend to the kids. It made sense then and it still makes sense now.

They chose some really great veterans to nurture all of the kids they drafted. But one of the great things they also did was offer big money to two great young leaders - Phil Davis and Callan Ward. They made them co captains (lol) from the start and let them grow with the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back