Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrinkles has said that people don't go to AFLW games to look at the footy.

"The exhibition match was entertaining and good to watch for a while but apart from the few who really looked like footballers, most of them looked like girls playing football. Boobs and all." - Ambassador Wrinkles

"Girls have boobs" - wrinkly old man

How long do teams take to bounce back from a GF 10 goal plus shellacking? Since 1995 it takes more than a decade in all cases except for Sydney after 2014 shellacking to the Hawks, they were back 2 years later.

I've said last week and at other times the last couple of years that IMO the GWS will hit their peak between years 8 and 13 in he AFL comp. In the 1980's and 1950's teams bounced back quickly after shellackings. Times might have changed.

It's embarrassing at the moment though when they get on a big stage, would be the same with GC.

At least the last lot of expansion clubs held their own crowd numbers travelling to the MCG.
You have to start somewhere. GWS have been a huge success so far in what's been previously an uncrackable market; they'll be one of the power clubs in the comp in 20 years. Credit to the AFL for their vision on this.

This would be in Graham Cornes's fantasy universe where the SANFL David slays the (V)AFL Goliath with a sling made from Max Basheer's jockstrap and a stone made from Leigh Whicker's calcified bile.
Seems like tribey has competition for the most eloquent written expression.....
lol read this too and then scrolled up thinking this has to be tribey. Seems only two people in the world would use the words calcified and jockstrap in the same sentence and we're lucky enough to have both of them.

GWS have been a huge success so far in what's been previously an uncrackable market; they'll be one of the power clubs in the comp in 20 years. Credit to the AFL for their vision on this.

20 years? I shudder to think how absurdly successful the AFLs expansion franchises could be. Multiple flags for West Coast, Adelaide, GWS, Gold Coast, Brisbane and whatever other teams they make up. Sounds like the perfect vision if you work inside the AFL.

20 years? I shudder to think how absurdly successful the AFLs expansion franchises could be. Multiple flags for West Coast, Adelaide, GWS, Gold Coast, Brisbane and whatever other teams they make up. Sounds like the perfect vision if you work inside the AFL.
I'd be happy to see it. Breaks up and disempowers the VFL bloc from their current stranglehold on the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back