Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe people are complaining about this.
If were a Geelong player no body would even bat an eye lid.

That's the sort of s**t our players would deliver to Salopek, and he would be smashed and partly why he had such a short career.

Last week I asked how the hell did Riley O'Brien end up with a Garry Ablett Jnr like 180 Supercoach pts via Champion Data (was 181) and then went and found the break downs and found out he got 22 hit oust to advantage against a skinny Chol and that got hit 110 pts.

Lycett last night got 180 Supercoach pts. That was more like an Ablett performance because he only got 11 hit outs to advantage which earned him 55 pts. He had 13 kicks, 11 HBs, (18 contested possessions) 9 clearances, 3 tackles, 2 goal assists, and 33 pressure acts has restored a bit of faith in their system.

Their player ranking algorithm I still have the same doubts.

The way they award the ruck scores needs tweaking, especially Hit outs to advantage. That stat needs to have a contested component to it, 99% of rucks in the AFL can get HTA if it's uncontested.

Better second half in the Collingwood v Bulldogs game.

The umpiring is sub standard. If a player takes a mark on the boundary and is over the line he has to run into play and kick over the mark. He cannot run out toward the fence then kick. Beveridge had every reason to be dumbfounded by that decision because the Collingwood player technically ran out of bounds.

They legit just recruited Chad Wingard.

And their best player, also a prior recruit, shattered his leg on the eve of the season.

And how are Gold Coast travelling? Bulk strange from Duck.

OK decided to check this out because couldn't believe that if you kicked 20 goals you would get the same as 20 HOA.

AFL fantasy system is simple 3 pts kick, 2 HB, 1 for a HO and 6 for a goal with nothing extra for a HOA.

Supercoach pts are explained at
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.zerohanger.com/supercoach-scoring-system-explained-4034/amp/

So HOA = 5pts, HO = 0 pts, Goal = 8 pts, Effective kick = 4 pts, Effective HB = 1.5 pts

So 54 HO with 22 HOA gets you 110 pts.

22 goals would get you 22x (8+4)pts = 264 pts.

That makes sense. So O'Brien then scored the other 71 pts from his 19 disposals at 89% efficiency and other things he did.

I’m fairly sure there are other bonus points on offer for matchwinning goals and saving interventions too.

I remember this cause Tredders spiked into the stratosphere in the final 60 seconds or so of that game against Richmond in 2009.

Not sure if they’ve changed that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m fairly sure there are other bonus points on offer for matchwinning goals and saving interventions too.

I remember this cause Tredders spiked into the stratosphere in the final 60 seconds or so of that game against Richmond in 2009.

Not sure if they’ve changed that.
Yes there is a time stamping, but CD have never explained exactly how it works, but the pro-rata-ering so that all 44 players scores adds up to 3,300 has a bigger effect at the end, unless it is a really close game.

After next weeks smashing of English by lycett dogs will be banging Ryder’s door down.

Would definitely be a very good fit for them, English is going to be an extremely good player in the near future though and is already putting together an impressive season - oddly it just seems to be Grundy who he cannot cope with.

But I struggle to see any club willing to offer Ryder two years straight off the bat, presumably he'd be fairly settled in Adelaide so may end up accepting a one year deal here.

Ha ha - AFL no longer has the record attendance at New Perth Stadium after tonight's Origin game. And there's some soccer games with Man United coming up in a few weeks, so it might get broken again by a 'foreign' code.

giphy.gif

The way they award the ruck scores needs tweaking, especially Hit outs to advantage. That stat needs to have a contested component to it, 99% of rucks in the AFL can get HTA if it's uncontested.
How often do you see an uncontested ruck contest? I'd wager that before this nominating for the ruck rule (i.e. where an umpire could say that a team couldn't contest) approximately 0.1% of stoppages wouldn't be contested by (at least) 2 rucks - even if it was just a midfielder applying body pressure.

Wow that was actually hilarious. Kane is absolutely ruthless with the footage, and absolutely loving it.

“Richmond’s VFL side” hahaha
Anyone who complains about Kane's media persona needs to have a good hard look at themselves.

That's priceless.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back