Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if Voss leaves and Richardson loses his job, does he come back to work with Ken?
Depends on Ken and KT. If Ken wants him he probably gets him as he will twist others arm.

KT employed him, was the 2nd person he appointed after Burgo, and he was pissed off he was the 1st person he lost, so late after the 2013 season ended. If KT says no and Ken Yes it will be a real test if KT has changed.

Depends on Ken and KT. If Ken wants him he probably gets him as he will twist others arm.

KT employed him, was the 2nd person he appointed after Burgo, and he was pissed off he was the 1st person he lost, so late after the 2013 season ended. If KT says no and Ken Yes it will be a real test if KT has changed.

I wonder if Ken would prefer that too the young bucks sitting either side of him at the minute? Although I wonder if Bass has filled that role.

So if Voss leaves and Richardson loses his job, does he come back to work with Ken?
It worked six years ago, doesn't mean it will work now. People change, the whole dynamic of our coaches box is completely different now. If we are going to bring anyone new in (this is quite aside from talk about Ken's position) there are others out there with new, fresh ideas that I would rather see.

I don't want Richardson back. I'd rather Schofield or Monty move up the tree towards the top if Voss goes (please take Bassett as your senior assistant Vossy!).

Richardson isn't a good senior coach (although he hasn't been helped by s**t recruiting / trading by the Saints given how many good picks they've had since he's been there), but that doesn't mean he's stopped being good at the assistant level. Just not back here again.

Imagine having a trash list, and overperforming to point of being 1 game out of the 8, and you're still being talked about as sackable.

I would rate the Saints as the 3rd worst club in the comp, yet they sit in 11th.

How anyone could justify he is deserving of sacking is beyond me. They'll sack him and then proceed to win multiple spoons.

Bloke reckons Amon could get 2-3 weeks and howard a week

Yeah it's absolutely a given that whenever it's our players reported, the media makes a big deal of how harsh the sentence should be. Even on the TV coverage there were multiple replays and much commentator conjecture. Didn't hear any of this, for example, from G. Ablett's multiple reports this year. I guess we just expect the same inconsistency from the MRO we get from the umpiring.

What makes this worse is that it's the AFL's own media. Can you imagine any court publishing an opinion piece on the morning of a trial speculating as to just how guilty the accused is?

Yeah it's absolutely a given that whenever it's our players reported, the media makes a big deal of how harsh the sentence should be. Even on the TV coverage there were multiple replays and much commentator conjecture. Didn't hear any of this, for example, from G. Ablett's multiple reports this year. I guess we just expect the same inconsistency from the MRO we get from the umpiring.

What makes this worse is that it's the AFL's own media. Can you imagine any court publishing an opinion piece on the morning of a trial speculating as to just how guilty the accused is?

If Amon gets anymore than 1, then we should absolutely appeal given Ablett was able to elbow 2 blokes late in the head without sanctions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine having a trash list, and overperforming to point of being 1 game out of the 8, and you're still being talked about as sackable.

I would rate the Saints as the 3rd worst club in the comp, yet they sit in 11th.

How anyone could justify he is deserving of sacking is beyond me. They'll sack him and then proceed to win multiple spoons.

And when they had a better list with Riewoldt still running around kicking 50 goals a season he still couldn't get them to finals.Their skills and goal kicking is worse than ours. If this was his third or fourth season you'd cut him some slack but it isn't.

Now I don't know if he DESERVES to be sacked, but it's time for some change down there I reckon before some careers are wasted.

Why the hell does anyone want Richo? He's the only coach in the AFL that Ken has the absolute wood over. What do people think he's going to bring? You also need to consider how bringing in another senior assistant might make Schofield/Monty feel. Too many chefs.

I reckon Rohan ran across Amon's path, but as we saw with Robbie last year "he had the option to jump out of the way". Dougal's was just dumb, but the MRP seem to be strangely sanguine about blokes punching blokes, as long as the impact isn't significant, so who knows.

#MRPLotto
The MRO decision will be out in about 20 mins according to SEN

But it’s the AFL. Might be a handy ploy to mention their opinion piece at the subsequent appeal. Of course it will be a waste of time as the verdict was decided on Saturday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back