Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
So the AFL have people going to Richmond games, taking peoples photos (in the cheer-squad) and reporting back to the integrity unit on umpire abuse.

How about they put some money and effort into the quality of the umpiring and laughable goal review system.

I went to Friday night’s game and had a seat near the cheer squad at the Punt (spelt with a P not C) Rd end. Whilst they’re a motley bunch of ner do wells and miscreants they are both passionate and largely harmless. Certainly they were pretty subdued and leaving the ground they were bemoaning their injury count. All in all to be spied upon is an outrage.

F the AFL and their heavy handed thought police. Passionate footy fans letting off steam is healthy and entertaining. It’s also very Australian. Nicholls and his ilk are a disgrace.
They want the limelight but not the heat.

Here’s a thought Matthew let’s have a close look at your record. A record I’m sure you’d be proud to be made public and that you’d publicly defend ya gutless cheat.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
I went to Friday night’s game and had a seat near the cheer squad at the Punt (spelt with a P not C) Rd end. Whilst they’re a motley bunch of ner do wells and miscreants they are both passionate and largely harmless. Certainly they were pretty subdued and leaving the ground they were bemoaning their injury count. All in all to be spied upon is an outrage.

F the AFL and their heavy handed thought police. Passionate footy fans letting off steam is healthy and entertaining. It’s also very Australian. Nicholls and his ilk are a disgrace.
They want the limelight but not the heat.

Here’s a thought Matthew let’s have a close look at your record. A record I’m sure you’d be proud to be made public and that you’d publicly defend ya gutless cheat.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

nailed it, for the AFL to start spying on football fans tells what society has become in general.
Instead of worrying about what they're getting annoyed at, the umpiring these spies could be better used in trying to curb the fights we see in the stands before they start.

It Just Is

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2012
On cloud 9
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Can suck it!
Anyone looked ahead to this weeks fixture yet? My first thought was how can we be into double ups by round 13. Then I realised the AFL are hiding potential tanking match ups midseason.

St Kilda vs Gold Coast (previously played round 1)
Carlton vs Bulldogs (previously played round 5)

Amarula

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Western suburbs (Melb)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Indomitable Lions
Interesting watching Melbourne get smashed yesterday. They did well in all of Goodwin’s priority areas - they killed it in contested possessions & clearances, and even had slightly more i50s. This is the team Goodwin has built.
Collingwood on the other hand won easily despite being smashed in clearances and contested ball. They just used the ball far better, especially when under pressure. They seemed to have set plays for breaking away from congestion, and their runs and leads were honoured by the player with the ball. They were also faster with foot speed, so that once they got a 1-metre break, their opponent couldn’t catch them. They also blocked, shepherded and backed each other up much better.
And my point is that the Dees actually did what Goodwin would have wanted them to do, but they still got smashed.

Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Anyone looked ahead to this weeks fixture yet? My first thought was how can we be into double ups by round 13. Then I realised the AFL are hiding potential tanking match ups midseason.

St Kilda vs Gold Coast (previously played round 1)
Carlton vs Bulldogs (previously played round 5)

It's not called a FIXture for nothing :(

Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Interesting watching Melbourne get smashed yesterday. They did well in all of Goodwin’s priority areas - they killed it in contested possessions & clearances, and even had slightly more i50s. This is the team Goodwin has built.
Collingwood on the other hand won easily despite being smashed in clearances and contested ball. They just used the ball far better, especially when under pressure. They seemed to have set plays for breaking away from congestion, and their runs and leads were honoured by the player with the ball. They were also faster with foot speed, so that once they got a 1-metre break, their opponent couldn’t catch them. They also blocked, shepherded and backed each other up much better.
And my point is that the Dees actually did what Goodwin would have wanted them to do, but they still got smashed.

Yeah I thought Collingwood were well in control from the opening bounce. If they'd have made more of their early opportunities the game would have been like ours and over at quarter time. That said, Melbourne destroyed themselves for the second successive week with woeful conversion.

Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This sounds so similar to Port and I still believe it gets down to skills. How many times do we see the ball hit the deck, with 5 or 6 players trying to pick it up and the opposition seem to find a way with cleaner ball use, in particular when it means 1 grabbing the ball from the ground, we have 2 or 3 goes at.

Was watching the GWS game and although they lost they made good decisions most of the time and were clean by hand and foot, the game turned when Shaw decided to just kick it out of defense, hence came the turn overs.

With Port, our hand balls go to players feet most of the time and we use short little hand balls to players that are about to be tackled. We clean this up we are finals contenders.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jac147

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It ain’t rocket science - it’s a TEAM game!

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I didn't see the game, what should the free kick count have been?

Now there is nothing to say the free kick count should be even, and you can’t say the free kick count should have been “X-X” without re watching the game and taking count. There will always be boarder line calls missed because the umpire is blocked by a player or because of the speed of the game. People know and accept that.

But that number suggests GWS were screwed over and having watched the game they certainly were. Crows players again getting caught text book HTB I50 not being paid, and creating goals.

GWS players continually held off the ball and around stoppages not paid, look at a crows player and it’s paid.

The umpires absolutely decided the result and something needs to be done about it, games like this one genuinely makes you wonder if certain umpires (cough cough 11-1) are told who the AFL wants to win and to try engineer that result.

AwwThatsApples

Cancelled
Mar 24, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
HFL
I might have an opportunity to go to AO Thursday night with my Richmond mate
Should I go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad