Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I would wait and see how Rankine plays before making a serious offer for him anyway.

Being able to turn opposition defenders inside-out 5 times before getting rid of the ball doesn’t necessarily make you a great AFL player. Just look at Rodan and Lewis Taylor.

Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Unusual that the crows have flown out this morning given they don’t play until Saturday night, Gold Coast’s weather isn’t like Darwin ffs. They’ve even taken 28 players with them, would those that don’t make the final 22 fly back & travel to Pirie for the SANFL game?
They have to get their early so that Tex can work out where he is. Yes Tex we still in Strailya.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
Not all of them. Clubs keep 1 player as an emergency in case you get a Boak back spasm thing.

When we played GC day time a few years back, we had 1 player up there for the last minute emergency. The flight back to SA was about 90 minutes after the game started but the player was in a cab to the airport to catch a flight back to play in the Maggies the next day. Aaron Young was either the player in the cab or the player that pulled out within 10 minutes of bounce down. The player in the cab got the call and he turned the cab around and got to the ground about 10 minutes after the start of the game.
Young was the player in the cab on his way to the airport. Monfries was the player who pulled out after the warm up.

Harro59

Club Legend
May 14, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
And if he starts playing well, he can just request a trade back home anyway.
Well it makes it harder if you are contracted I guess, but yeah he could.

Also the melts at the moment a good but they believe it works for them somehow. They still believe that they there is some devine force at work that will bring Lukious and Rankine back to them.

I mean this Muppet has proposed a trade in which they'll send up Douglass, Ottens and Polhoke and some 3rd to round picks for them lol.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not sure if anyone has posted about this site before, but they recently launched a shot charting function that shows data from R1 2018 for all clubs shots on goal. The data is mapped and also has had some analysis already completed for the basic user. Really handy and can be filtered by year, round, club, player and shot type.

Just had as play around and within no time you can see the glaring issue we will know hurts PAFC - our tendency to kick to the pockets and or inability to get marks from deep F50 entries (see screen grab).

View attachment 706891

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Only three clubs are worse than Port for both of Set shot and General play accuracy - Gold Coast, St. Kilda and Western Bulldogs. #sackbass

They have to get their early so that Tex can work out where he is. Yes Tex we still in Strailya.

Tex be like "Wow, everyone here is a Tex too, but they wear speedos."

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Safe to say pyke is certainly one of the more delusional coaches going around, betts still keeps his spot in the crows’ side despite a very quiet period...
Betts is a marketing tool as much as a player for Adelaide. If they drop him then the customers might start looking at the performance of players and the coaches across the board more intently.

Backing ‘our Eddie’ and by implication the rest of the players and coaches to bounce back is much less stress for the Adelaide HQ. Our board ‘just’ ignores the thoughts of our supporter base, they have only partly gone down the path of trying to remove our ability to think at all, as Adelaide’s ‘sit, roll over, clap Tex, good customer’ club and media lackeys has long done.

Palpatine_Power

13 In A Row Participation Certificate 2023
Apr 9, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Only three clubs are worse than Port for both of Set shot and General play accuracy - Gold Coast, St. Kilda and Western Bulldogs. #sackbass

I heard they don’t even push goal kicking at training under the philosophy it can’t get any worse.

Hopefully a reflection on the weekend of going back to instinct

I had no idea Michael Rischitelli was still on an AFL list

Well, Gold Coast's list. I guess it's technically an AFL list.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Haha I pondered on BF a week ago who will be the next Eddie and Tex for the SA media now that they are in decline and without fail, before even playing a game for the Crows it is announced in the Advertiser that Stengel is the new Eddie.

The insatiable and panicked customers must be reassured and pandered to at all costs.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
Haha I pondered on BF a week ago who will be the next Eddie and Tex for the SA media now that they are in decline and without fail, before even playing a game for the Crows it is announced in the Advertiser that Stengel is the new Eddie.

The insatiable and panicked customers must be reassured and pandered to at all costs.
lol

Screenshot_20190712-082231.png

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back