Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2014
reynella
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea FC , Boston Red Sox/celtics
Screenshot_20190712-203837_AFL.jpg

West Coast sure did nail the right small forwards in recent times.

Did they draft the right small forwards, or did they just surround the small forwards they drafted with quality talls in a proper structure that allows small forwards to play at their peak?

If Jarrod Cameron played under Ken Hinkley he'd struggle to kick 8 goals in a season, let alone 8 goals in two weeks.

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Did they draft the right small forwards, or did they just surround the small forwards they drafted with quality talls in a proper structure that allows small forwards to play at their peak?

If Jarrod Cameron played under Ken Hinkley he'd struggle to kick 8 goals in a season, let alone 8 goals in two weeks.
I agree to an extent but we'd draft 4 Jake Neades so it wouldn't matter

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Who do we want to win this game for our benefit on the ladder?
West Coast.

Collingwood are the only side out there tonight that could slide.

However we've got a country mile to go before we could even contemplate getting near them, and contending for top 4. Just win this week first.

To the point, Josh Mahoney went from marginal 4-club journeyman to premiership smallf living in the same habitat as WGT.

AwwThatsApples

Cancelled
Mar 24, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
HFL
I don't give Collingwood much of a chance going into the last quarter, WCE are applying far more pressure which in turn results in more turnovers. They simply look exhausted out there whilst WCE seems to have plenty of stamina to spare. I'm still not sure where this performance is coming from, because Collingwood have only just started to drop off, what I want to know is, why?

I don't give Collingwood much of a chance going into the last quarter, WCE are applying far more pressure which in turn results in more turnovers. They simply look exhausted out there whilst WCE seems to have plenty of stamina to spare. I'm still not sure where this performance is coming from, because Collingwood have only just started to drop off, what I want to know is, why?

Because Collingwood has been down a rotation all match due to the fact that a key position player who wouldn’t normally come off the ground is injured?

AwwThatsApples

Cancelled
Mar 24, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
HFL
Because Collingwood has been down a rotation all match due to the fact that a key position player who wouldn’t normally come off the ground is injured?
Fair enough I suppose, I know that we have had problems in the absence of a key defender before, and that would certainly explain WCE's forward dominance. But it's also their ball movement across the field. Collingwood has been out-paced and hunted down many times tonight, sometimes due to dangerous disposals, but many times due to simply being outpaced by the Eagles. They've been caught HTB quite a few times tonight for that exact reason.

AwwThatsApples

Cancelled
Mar 24, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
HFL
As if we didn't need MORE games of football with teams that can't kick goals for s**t this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back