Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

jac147

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Re ex Port players who have improved their game since moving to another club I'm on the same page as those who believe Impey is heading in the right direction, but the bloke who has surprised me the most is Pittard at the roos.

I haven't seen any of the all too regular ( ie at least one per qtr ) bomb scare moments from him in the games I have watched, he has been poised in his decision making more often than not, and his disposal, particularly by foot has improved as well.
I expected him to spend the vast majority of his time at North in the VFL and then be delisted after a maximum of 2 seasons, so you really do have to wonder how much poor coaching had to do with him falling through the floor at Alberton.
He would have had 3 coaches at Port, Choco, Primus and Kenny. I well remember Choco calling out his name back when he had that double barrelled surname. Oh, perhaps you could squeeze in Garry Hocking’s name in there as well. Plus the coaching he got at Sturt.

Not paid members or not members at all?

It is fine to use the bigger number when it suits them. Have they scanned their email database on this occassion?

WE HAVE OVER 70 THOUSAND MEMBERS!!

(except those two people, who behaved badly, at our home game, that we lost)

crows_stare.jpeg

Not Adelaide Football Club players.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
The tackle on Houston not even looked at by the MRO.

deadset disgraceful!!!

Free kick Richmond. Ah well, at least Dan gets a mention in the injuries story:

Early in the last quarter at the MCG on Saturday, Power runner Dan Houston was tackled heavily from behind by tough Tiger Jack Graham and his head was slammed to the turf.

Houston remained grounded for some time and appeared groggy before jogging from the field with trainers.

Be interesting if Dan misses a game.

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics

Early in the last quarter at the MCG on Saturday, Power runner Dan Houston was tackled heavily from behind by tough Tiger Jack Graham and his head was slammed to the turf.

Houston remained grounded for some time and appeared groggy before jogging from the field with trainers.

If that isn't a dangerous tackle I don't know what is. Clearly picks him up and drives him into the turf head 1st.
Club needs to file a please explain.

Feel for Impey, was in the form of his life.

This is such a s**t time to do an ACL as well. Doesn't just kill the rest of this year but effectively kills his 2020 season too.

B0ydmental

It used to hurt
Sep 18, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We saw it, and that the umpire let play go on from a free kick, while dixon was on the mark and Houston was ON THE GROUND

Everyone around us, richmond supporters, were yelling stop the game, everyone could see how bad this could have been

Club needs to put in a complaint to protect their players. This is horrific

MRO didn't even make a comment about it. Not saying he should have got games, but should have at least explained why that sling type tackle with arms pinned was acceptable.

Last edited:

So they were dodgy at Essendon and Gold Coast, but nothing happened at Geelong where they built their rep?

Bollox!

If Geelong hadn’t won the flag they have been the ones chucked under the bus instead of Essendon.

Last edited:

So they were dodgy at Essendon and Hold Coast, but nothing happened at Geelong where they built their rep?

Bollox!

If Geelong hadn’t won the flag they have been the ones chucked under the bus instead of Essendon.
Mckenna at least knew who was paying the bills.

“We brought him (Robinson) on obviously because of his record down at Geelong,” McKenna said. “That was a fairly short term of employment up on the Gold Coast because there were certain conversations held with me … “My simple response (to him) was ‘We are funded by $100 million by the AFL, mate. We can’t be seen to be bending or breaking a rule, so whatever we use with our players, it has to be on the green tick list. Simple’. In a strange twist, McKenna was an assistant coach at the Bombers when the ASADA ban was handed down.

Dank was tied up with bikies, that's why the Australian Crime Commission got involved with ASADA to do a joint investigation because of the bikie influence moving from illicit drugs to PEDs, or Peformance and Image Enhancing Drugs as that joint ACC and ASADA report called them .

At the start of this decade for a few years after, the GC bikies were seen to be the big dealers in steroids and other PEDS in Oz. 60% of illegal steroid arrests was in Queensland and those stats were dominated by GC arrests.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC

So they were dodgy at Essendon and Gold Coast, but nothing happened at Geelong where they built their rep?

Bollox!

I will never not laugh when I think about being retroactively handed the 2007 flag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back