Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burton89onegoal

Team Captain
Jan 1, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A few comments here lately about subaru. Her/Him liking posts on our board. I've been here long enough to know that this person probably hates Port Adelaide more than anyone I've known in my life. We need to pull this person into line.

My thoughts are her parents were Woodville supporters. They turned up at Alberton to watch the Mighty Peckers play Port.

Timmy Evens slotted his tenth goal and the ball hit subaru fair in her big schnozz. Why wouldn't you hate Port Adelaide? Is this a fair call mods? Her poison on this brilliant forum needs an eye for an eye. If she can do it so can I. I'm not letting her getting away with slagging my club off anymore.
Im fairly sure she's a North Adelaide supporter.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
I will forever defend the decisions to expand the comp for GWS and GC. They're long term crucial pillars for the AFL to grow up North. GC may be wank on the field but off the field they're huge for junior rates in footy exploding and garnering interest in the sport. Why that isn't touched on more genuinely annoys me because it's almost like the media (especially here in Victoria) want the AFL to kill off the Suns despite all the good work they're doing. I agree with talent being diluted but it'll even itself out eventually.

What isn't fine is the fact that there are a trifecta of s**t house Victorian clubs with fu** all support/money/success who barely get 5 people and a ******* pigeon to games at one of the premier sporting venues in this country yet continue to leech off the league and say they deserve to be in this league because they've been in it for 100+ years already even though they've done nothing but ******* suck. The AFL forever f’ed this league in every way possible by not killing off North, WB and St Kilda 25 years ago and we'll forever have to carry those s**tstains. Tassie (and even Canberra) should be in the league over those 3.
I very much agree, the popular view is very short-sighted and struggles to see anything past "but the crowds!" There could be zero growth and TV rights alone would justify the move.

In addition to us effectively subsiding Victorian clubs / SANFL with our s**tty stadium deal and lack of FTA TV, for me the terribad part was how our nadir coincided with the eyes of the draft being picked out by GC and GWS, with nothing more than a "ah unlucky oh well" by the AFL. Even more grating is you just know there would have been compensation for the big Victorian clubs if this had impacted them.

Isn't the "but the crowds!" the whole argument against small Victorian clubs though?

Our answer to Godwin's Law; "as a Ports board discussion grows longer, the probability of blaming it on Ken Hinkley approaches 1"

I think you'll find it's Goodwin's Law.

I blame all head coaches. All 18 of them.

mynameissilver

All Australian
Aug 10, 2017
Queensland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Im fairly sure she's a North Adelaide supporter.
Screenshot_20190822-101326.png

Well this wouldn't have helped 😂

Oct 5, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
There are no other teams
Power Girl Doug Richards found out he was retiring a few days ago, which was the first time Doug had considered retirement because he had had no conversations with the football department or the senior coach to suggest he would be retiring. You only have to look at his retirement press conference to know he and the club were not quite of the same understanding.

Also, as I predicted, douchebags like Lee Gaskin are stating "he retired from the Crows". LOLZ

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
I could take or leave Voss either way, and I actively don't want us to make finals, but from a club perspective, our senior assistant taking an interview with an opposition club in around 23 while we still have finals on the line and we're playing that same ******* opposition club on the weekend is an absolute s**t look. Just wait a week Voss you selfish campaigner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back