Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers
1568266311933.png

PowerBaz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Crows were clever here...organise an external review and let the media do their job of vilifying Pyke.
The pressure gets to Pyke and he steps down before they sack him.

Hinkley and the club know the discontent..... I predict a worse membership and crowds starting round 1 next year whilst they all try to live in the glory of the 150th (becuase stable club and all that)...... I seriously reckon they are all in it for the personal glory for next year.

Hardcore

Team Captain
Apr 10, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Bingo.

I don't get why people are applauding the Crows for being ruthless when we can't. This is an appalling scapegoating of the wrong person. Adelaide is a total ******* mess and I don't want my club looking, acting or being anything like them. They've missed the problem by a looooooonnnnggg way.
Exactly this, if they were ruthless they would've done it more than ago not now, instead they are left as the 5th in line to choose a coach whilst their players are all half way out the door

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Scott Burns, Robert Harvey, Sam Mitchell or Nathan Bassett.

whoever can drive Hinkley furthest towards Ballarat on a single tank gets the job?

Can't hide an 'extraordinary expense' like that on your balance sheet

Will come out in due course

Then watch the poo hit the fan

This is why Adelaide only reports “cash profit” it hides exactly these expenses

Do we really think Adelaide is going to improve their performance because they got rid of Pyke?

This is a case of a club knowing that they are going to be down the bottom of the ladder for awhile while they adjust their entire list recruitment and retention strategy to reflect the modern version of the game. Ricciuto said it himself - they thought they were close after 2017 and on the right path, but they've drifted further and further away from what is required to win a flag.

Pyke has shown nothing to suggest that he can successfully implement a forward half game plan like 90% of the clubs in the league, including Richmond and Collingwood, build their style around. That's why he's gone, and why the Crows are desperately trying to off load players to get the draft picks they need to reinvent themselves under whoever is unlucky enough to get the gig...because they'll be sacked before they even get close to an opportunity to win a flag again.

Pyke is filthy rich, he doesnt need the payout financially, so on that basis there is a possibility he may have just been happy to walk away and get out of there.

Im sure he’ll get something though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back