AFL Club
Port Adelaide

BRAVE I tells ya !

Iwish

XUS NEK
Apr 22, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Apparently Rioli used a masking method to tamper with his urine test.

cheat!!!

What was he hiding?
I'd be testing that whole bloody playing group, if one of them is on the gear, there would be more.
Imagine if they did find others and it went back to last year poor eddie would be demanding the cup be stripped from them and given to him

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
They would be Hawks through and through though.
Exactly. Most of their time has been in Melbourne (that they'd remember). They'd see their cousins intermittently. It's not like they are all based close and hang out together every weekend. We don't have a lure unless by the time they are F/S eligible the Hawks are down the ladder further and we've a new coach that looks like we're a real chance.

rumoursofwinter

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I remember when Willie couldn't get drafted because he was overweight with issues about his fitness etc. He missed about three years of being drafted because of his weight.

Masking agent. Diuretics. Weight control. Performance enhancing.

Anyway...he is going to miss a lot of football.

It's good to see his wiki page has been kindly updated.

Being an Eagles player, he was on the gear.

rumoursofwinter

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ban Glenelg!

The 21-year-old was overweight and playing with the Tiwi Bombers in Darwin a few years ago. But after linking up with SANFL club Glenelg in time for the 2015 season, Rioli dropped a staggering 16kg to put his name in the mix for this year’s AFL draft.

Pear1870

Section 301
Port Adelaide - Allir Allir Player Sponsor 2021 Port Adelaide - Kane Farrell Player Sponsor 2021 Port Adelaide - Connor Rozee Player Sponsor 2020
Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Pyke to Freo is still a possi
totally agree

how embarrassing for us, we put in worse performances over 4 years and we keep our bloke and they get rid of theirs. Im lost for words

they are more ruthless than us, never thought id see the day.

ill only be happy if they get voss, bassett or roy laird.

Any club can be ruthless when that club has the funds to be.

The way I see it. The muppets down the road have the funds in their own rite and because of that, the AFL either don't interfere or are more supportive of their internal decisions. Because Port don't have the funds, we are (and will be) basically cap in hand while Hinkley's contract is still active. He who holds the purse strings, holds the power (both literally and figuratively in this case - unfortunately). I believe certain members within the club wanted to act on the head coaching situation but their hands were tied by both the AFL placed members on the board (who are there to do the bidding of the AFL when required, and the AFL itself, that dictates to its 8 or 9 "representatives" on the board (but not the 2 elected members).

Port will be ruthless again - once the AFL appointed board members are gone, as is David Koch (and by extension Ken Hinkley) and a few others either there for the giggles or to ensure Port don't over step our mark (so to speak)

But in regard to Pykes departure, am I being too simplistic in saying it's not about ruthlessness so much that it's about money?

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
Apparently Rioli used a masking method to tamper with his urine test.

cheat!!!

What was he hiding?
I'd be testing that whole bloody playing group, if one of them is on the gear, there would be more.
That's why he facing a four year ban. The penalty for providing a dodgy sample has to be the same or greater than the penalty for providing a legit sample that tests positive to a banned substance.

Pear1870

Section 301
Port Adelaide - Allir Allir Player Sponsor 2021 Port Adelaide - Kane Farrell Player Sponsor 2021 Port Adelaide - Connor Rozee Player Sponsor 2020
Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Pyke is filthy rich, he doesnt need the payout financially, so on that basis there is a possibility he may have just been happy to walk away and get out of there.

Im sure he’ll get something though

Being s scapegoat doesn't come cheap.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Pyke is filthy rich, he doesnt need the payout financially, so on that basis there is a possibility he may have just been happy to walk away and get out of there.

Im sure he’ll get something though

In a strange twist money always seems more important to people that already have lots of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back