Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting aside the fact that Majak Daw is decidedly not elite, what I find particularly interesting about that is that Majak has retained his spot in this list, but somehow Alex Rance hasn't?

Maybe playing 1 game is considered a sample size whereas Majak played 0 so they just go off 2018 form?

JLaw has given the latest CD ratings the thumbs-up...

View attachment 791111

220px-Jude_Law_at_TIFF2.jpg

Discussions to replace the costly Adelaide Aquatic Centre on Park 2 with a new facility run by the Crows have been shrouded in secrecy for almost a year, with the council yet to receive a formal proposal despite agreeing to progress to stage two of its “unsolicited bids” process nine months ago.

The drawn-out process has fuelled speculation, prompting north ward councillor Mary Couros to last month successfully lobby the council to issue a 20-day ultimatum to the Adelaide Football Club to release its plans or abandon the process altogether.

Her motion called on the council to set a December 10 deadline for the football club to submit “detailed concepts for their proposed facility to Council for public release in the agenda and papers”.

However, tomorrow night’s agenda, released on Friday afternoon, does not include any concept plans from the Crows.

It instead states that the club will outline the “current status of their submission”, including a draft proposal, at a public meeting to be held at five o’clock tomorrow evening at Town Hall.

The decision has riled some councillors aligned with the minority voting bloc opposing the Crows’ proposal, who in an email chain sent to elected members and the council’s executive leadership on Friday – seen by InDaily – complained that the Crows had delayed releasing information.

“I am assuming the Crows’ proposal will now lapse?,” area councillor Robert Simms wrote.

“It is, my view, now a dead Crow plan,” north ward councillor Phil Martin responded.

https://indaily.com.au/news/local/2019/12/09/crows-set-to-release-park-lands-hq-plans/

Where are GWS getting all this money from?

2018 - sign Toby Greene to a six year deal @ close to $1m a year
2019 - sign Josh Kelly to a two year deal with a four year player option @ close to $1m a year
2019 - sign Stephen Coniglio to a seven year deal @ $1m a year
2019 - sign Lachie Whitfield to a seven year deal (probably close to $1m a year)

Cameron shouldn't be signing for under $1m a year. So that's $5m, and close to half their salary cap on 5 players. And that's not including Williams and Corr, who should be looking at $600k a year at a minimum, but closer to $800k.

$6.6m, or half their salary cap, on 7 players.

The minimum contract for an AFL player is $105k, so 31 players get the minimum + 15 players get an extra $110k a piece for being best 22 = $4.905m.

That means that there is only $2m or so that can be paid above the minimum wage to players at the Giants. $2m over 31 players.

Absolutely reckless list management as far as I'm concerned. At the end of the year, when Hately asks to leave, offer them a fourth round pick like Hawthorn would.

Port Adelaide isn't in the business of facilitating their bullshit.

Last edited:
Check your fridge magnets, folks-that-have-renewed-and-received-their-membership-packs-already...

Geelong sends fixture magnet out to members with wrong details for 2020 matches
Andrew Jefferson, Geelong Advertiser
December 9, 2019 2:06pm

The Geelong Cats have been left red faced after an embarrassing bungle saw fans issued with an incorrect fixture list.
Dates, opponents, venues, and kick off times have all been misprinted on a fridge magnet sent out to club members.
Fixture dates are wrong for every fixture printed on the fridge magnet.
In fact, out of 23 rounds, the Cats got one fixture right – the last one Adelaide TBC.

1575862110670.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Check your fridge magnets, folks-that-have-renewed-and-received-their-membership-packs-already...

The Geelong Cats have been left red faced after an embarrassing bungle saw fans issued with an incorrect fixture list.
Dates, opponents, venues, and kick off times have all been misprinted on a fridge magnet sent out to club members.
In fact, out of 23 rounds, the Cats got one fixture right – the last one Adelaide TBC.

View attachment 791185

Lol

View attachment 791185

Watch them approach the AFL for special consideration to change the fixture to match their magnets

Watch them approach the AFL for special consideration to change the fixture to match their magnets

Reminds me of the time my local council sent all the ratepayers a second recycling calendar because the dates were wrong on the first one. I can't remember if they urged us to dispose of the first one "thoughtfully" :D

View attachment 791185

So the original draft had Geelong with 3 Friday night games and that got escalated to 6.

Interesting.

Where are GWS getting all this money from?

2018 - sign Toby Greene to a six year deal @ close to $1m a year
2019 - sign Josh Kelly to a two year deal with a four year player option @ close to $1m a year
2019 - sign Stephen Coniglio to a seven year deal @ $1m a year
2019 - sign Lachie Whitfield to a seven year deal (probably close to $1m a year)

Cameron shouldn't be signing for under $1m a year. So that's $5m, and close to half their salary cap on 5 players. And that's not including Williams and Corr, who should be looking at $600k a year at a minimum, but closer to $800k.

I don't disagree with your wider point, but Aidan Corr looking at 600k-800k a year? He'd be lucky to get half that. I don't know if he's even in their best 22 with Davis, Haynes and Taylor to compete with.

A poll of 763 people in the electorate of Adelaide commissioned by the Parklands Preservation Association showed only 1 in 4 people are in favour of the Camry Crows redeveloping the Adelaide Aquatic Centre.

26%

Twenty six - hey, that was your number Skippidy Doo, they should get you to turn the first sod Bicks, assuming Denise Norton won't be interested, hur hur!

So the original draft had Geelong with 3 Friday night games and that got escalated to 6.

Interesting.
Its not even that they accidently used a draft time table.

Round 1 is listed as Fri 22 Mar... The 22 March is a Sunday in 2020, not a Friday. And the game time for that Friday is listed as 2:50PM.

And the actual game is Sat Mar 21 @ 7:25PM

I don't disagree with your wider point, but Aidan Corr looking at 600k-800k a year? He'd be lucky to get half that. I don't know if he's even in their best 22 with Davis, Haynes and Taylor to compete with.

Haynes - there's another player I didn't even think of.

I really want them to fall flat on their face this year, even though it would help Adelaide. They've just got a whole bunch of really smarmy players IMO.

Last edited:
Drawn-out processes and Adelaide City Council go together like a hand in a glove. What are they whinging about?? Its operation normal.

If the crows don't present on time, they have to start the process all over again? What is wrong with that. ;)

hahahaha, nothing like a crow whinge is there.

Hope the talk that Birdbrain is planning on suing the Crows for unfair dismissal is true 😁

I don't think there's ever been a fairer dismissal in the history of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back