Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selfish campaigners trying to take over our parklands. If this gets through I hope they drown in debt and mediocrity for all time, and piss off government for assisting the self entitled twats

Fagan claimed the centre could bring in $100million to the area.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

In what f******! dream was that in

would the older players be as skilled because more of their training would be fitness base?
For me Skill is a talent you either have or don’t have.
Yes you can teach a certain amount of skill but many of the old time footballers just had it naturally.
I remember as a kid seeing Bob Shearman do a drop kick from the centre of Adelaide oval right onto Malcom Greenslade’s chest.
Greenslade hardly had to move as it hit him lace out from 60 Metres away.
As much as I hated Sturt you had to be gobsmacked at the kicking skills they had.
Yes it’s a different game now but as Wally May used to say .... You can’t kick you can’t play and so many of today’s footballers can’t kick to save there life’s.

Watching today’s football is boring, cheap possessions and uncontested rubbish.
Guys like Shearman and Tilbrook were not superstars but you would not find many players in today’s game that could kick a football as good as them.
Now if you want to move up a notch to guys like Ebert and Robran then there’s just no comparison as they would be head and shoulders above today’s overpaid under skilled scrubbers.

People going on about Gold Coast beating 2003 Brisbane are dreaming.
They couldn’t get within 15 goals of the Crows last year so there going to have some problems against arguably the best midfield ever.

Selfish campaigners trying to take over our parklands. If this gets through I hope they drown in debt and mediocrity for all time, and piss off government for assisting the self entitled twats

The preservationistas have flown in Jeremy Corbin!

Fagan claimed the centre could bring in $100million to the area.

In what f******! dream was that in
He's usually pretty close with his big promises. Don't forget the 4000 crow supporters their sanfl team brings to every game. They've been a boon to grassroots footy :rolleyes:

The preservationistas have flown in Jeremy Corbin!

EFA.
Crows CEO Andrew Fagan says while the Sanful would build the Aquatic Centre we wouldn’t necessarily pay rent- but they’re open to talks.
Also says they won’t be seeking any liquor licences for the site.
More coming up in @7NewsAdelaide at 6.
;)

the crows are like russian aristocracy taking refuge in other countries after the revolution, trying to trade on a name and calling on class loyalty, but hindered by their lack of real personal wealth and their unearned arrogance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the crows are like russian aristocracy taking refuge in other countries after the revolution, trying to trade on a name and calling on class loyalty, but hindered by their lack of real personal wealth and their unearned arrogance
We'll look into paying rent lol they are still living with their parents.

A shifting of franchise location with nothing for their members still lol what are they gonna do open a juice stand?
My dad was saying this today we went to Alberton to pay our memberships he spent sat night at the lakes and had a look around the old footy park.
We had a good laugh they will never have what we have so many crow supporters don't even understand what there missing .

Why the heck are the SaNFL involved here?
Not one to throw conspiracy theories around but!
They've just sold off a s**t load of land for re-development.
They, the SA government and the SMA have just turned the AO into a Bed & Breakfast.
So what else would they invest in?
It certainly wouldn't be the us the PAFC, community clubs or the local leagues when the Sanfal get all the money for that from AFL House.

Why the heck are the SaNFL involved here?
Muddy the waters and combat the private corporation moving in on public land that the Parklands Preservation Soc have mounted.

Sneaky and deceitful writ large.

sanfl = grassroots footy = public sport/entity = us in the parklands.

Olsen waited for Liberal State and Federal alignment so you can be pretty sure he's confident of ACC giving the go-ahead.

Standby for the crows and liberal party cheersquad our very own advertiser to chime in for help if any obstacles crop up.

This is what i've just posted on the Adelaide Now website in response to their parklands grab.

An Adelaide Crows spokesman (?) said " There would be no permanent liquor licence at the proposed venue." Yeah right just a temporary liquor licence applied for regularly when wanted ....weasel words.
Betcha their oval will be fenced off and that other oval that's to be open to the public (wow how generous and on public land too) is a distraction.
The AO sells booze and this "once in a lifetime" grab will too eventually.
Only an artist's impression of their plans provided so when will we see a scale model or
is that too much trouble OR too revealing. Standby for a spin campaign with a focus
on "hurry up quick rush it thru' we don't want another Le Cornu's saga".

Have put it here in case it doesn't get past the advertiser mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back