(Log in to remove this ad.)

TalkingFootyNow1223

R.I.P PAFC 💀
Sep 6, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Pensioners? Sure, but one's our best & fairest and the other is the GOAT (and no-one's going to give us a top 20 pick for one of them). Check out where Hodge and Mitchell were traded at the end of their careers.
Sure is, but we are in a rebuild thats the problem we need new youth but everyone wants to hold onto a player from the past. Yes they are both amazing but how many more years do they have in them? Enough for our next grand final attempt? No they wont so lick the wounds and swing the axe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Expat power

Rookie
Aug 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sure is, but we are in a rebuild thats the problem we need new youth but everyone wants to hold onto a player from the past. Yes they are both amazing but how many more years do they have in them? Enough for our next grand final attempt? No they wont so lick the wounds and swing the axe
You're not going to get a top 20 pick for them - that boat sailed.

TalkingFootyNow1223

R.I.P PAFC 💀
Sep 6, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Last I looked they are not in the 22 onfield.
Neither are the players most of the time, do you want the club to move forward and attack in rebuild mode or drag it on and partially rebuild which is a waste of time. I genuinely love Boaky, Gray, Hartlett etc but i would rather as a fan watch my team win grand finals then watch a bunch of childhood favourites get an extra year or 2. Im sure we could get Lukosius with a big name like Gray or Boak. Why wait 2 or 3 more years to watch these guys retire? Maximise on there names at the moment and harbor some kind of return.

EskimoPAFC

Club Legend
Dec 17, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
That said according to media experts apparently Brad crouch is worth more than luko, orazio Fantasia is worth as much as Ollie Wines, and Joe daniher is worth two top 10 picks so wtf do I know

JimmyBeerCans

Hall of Famer
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Neither are the players most of the time, do you want the club to move forward and attack in rebuild mode or drag it on and partially rebuild which is a waste of time. I genuinely love Boaky, Gray, Hartlett etc but i would rather as a fan watch my team win grand finals then watch a bunch of childhood favourites get an extra year or 2. Im sure we could get Lukosius with a big name like Gray or Boak. Why wait 2 or 3 more years to watch these guys retire? Maximise on there names at the moment and harbor some kind of return.
I'm not sure of ya thought process here Robbie Gray for example is not holding back some half cooked rebuild & as an over 30yo his trade value is diminished to a nothing pick.

Top Bottom