Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The name says it all

Tex WALKER

its definitely not

Tex RUNNER

has 0% chance of being a respected, successful, quality wing player.

The name says it all

Tex WALKER

its definitely not

Tex RUNNER

has 0% chance of being a respected, successful, quality wing player.

Let him dream .. he got his nickname from an imaginary TV character ... Walker, Texas Ranger .. o_O

So whatever Walker, Texas Range can do, after how many takes to get it right, Tex can do it to... only problem is, Crow Tex will only get one take. ;)

Last edited:
Let him dream .. he got his nickname from an imaginary TV character ... Walker, Texas Ranger .. o_O

So whatever Walker, Texas Range can do, after how many takes to get it right, Tex can do it to... only problem is, he will only get one take. ;)
The character (played by Chuck Norris) Walker's first name is Cordell. I had to have someone explain to me why The Big Texan™ is called Ted and not Johnnie.

Ted was a very good midfielder before he was moved forward after he broke his hip in a motorbike accident. If anything he'd be more a natural midfielder than forward.

Not saying that will magically reappear at AFL level a dozen years later, but it's not entirely out of the blue.

I mean, not good enough to kick any goals under the watchful tag of yours truly in the grand final, but you know...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like we should be encouraging Ted to be a winger. They are likely to have him and McKay ripping up and down the wing whilst there 1st round picks from last year and this year can play SANFL

Lol a player who wasn’t at their club for half the decade is their most valuable player of the decade

View attachment 780298

Dustin Martin has a Brownlow and two Norm Smith medals but he only scrapes in at 4? This dude has zero idea what he's talking about.

Only a Mongrel Punt rumour atm, but Essendon CEO Xavier Campbell being mooted as Gilligan's successor at AFL House. He was at Essendon before, during and after the 'supplements' scandal.

Robbie Gray career accolades:

View attachment 780306

Kade Simpson career accolades:

View attachment 780307

But ask a majority Victorian audience who was the better player, and look at the response you get.

Periodically they chuck Tredrea up in ‘Compare The Pair’ polls. The comments sections where he was against Pavlich, Ricciuto and Sav Rocca went exactly as you’d expect.

Always using the same picture of him from 2009, where despite the relative renaissance, he bore zero resemblance to the dynamic powerhouse who won an unprecedented 4 (should’ve been 5) AA CHF awards in a row.

Periodically they chuck Tredrea up in ‘Compare The Pair’ polls. The comments sections where he was against Pavlich, Ricciuto and Sav Rocca went exactly as you’d expect.

Always using the same picture of him from 2009, where despite the relative renaissance, he bore zero resemblance to the dynamic powerhouse who won an unprecedented 4 (should’ve been 5) AA CHF awards in a row.

The Sav Rocca one was particularly egregious. It was like Buddy Franklin losing out to Jay Schulz.

Only a Mongrel Punt rumour atm, but Essendon CEO Xavier Campbell being mooted as Gilligan's successor at AFL House. He was at Essendon before, during and after the 'supplements' scandal.

With a name like Xavier I'm sure he went to the right school though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back