Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh Crouch didn't find a way out? Poor dude just wants to be part of a footy club

Well the talk was that he was going to the Gold Coast, so I think he's more interested in $$$ than in being part of a real footy club.

So Trav and Robbie want out and are gettable for the right offer, according to this dude? :think:
Probably comes as news to most of us. 🙄
Maybe they fancy going to the Cows? :drunk:
At the end of the day both Boak and Gray are pensioners move them on try getting some top 20 draft picks and rebuild

At the end of the day both Boak and Gray are pensioners move them on try getting some top 20 draft picks and rebuild
Pensioners? Sure, but one's our best & fairest and the other is the GOAT (and no-one's going to give us a top 20 pick for one of them). Check out where Hodge and Mitchell were traded at the end of their careers.

So Trav and Robbie want out and are gettable for the right offer, according to this dude? :think:

The actual article said Robbie Gray and Travis Boak are NOT gettable.

That graphic just mentions they’ll be eligible free agents 🕵🏻‍♂️

Pensioners? Sure, but one's our best & fairest and the other is the GOAT (and no-one's going to give us a top 20 pick for one of them). Check out where Hodge and Mitchell were traded at the end of their careers.
Sure is, but we are in a rebuild thats the problem we need new youth but everyone wants to hold onto a player from the past. Yes they are both amazing but how many more years do they have in them? Enough for our next grand final attempt? No they wont so lick the wounds and swing the axe

Sure is, but we are in a rebuild thats the problem we need new youth but everyone wants to hold onto a player from the past. Yes they are both amazing but how many more years do they have in them? Enough for our next grand final attempt? No they wont so lick the wounds and swing the axe
You're not going to get a top 20 pick for them - that boat sailed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trading out Robbie gray would at least mean he could play at a club with a captain and a chance to win a flag
That's not a good reason you actually need a few blokes with cred to help the kids along or you end up an even bigger shambles, moving out Gray would be a spiritual back breaker.

Last I looked they are not in the 22 onfield.
Neither are the players most of the time, do you want the club to move forward and attack in rebuild mode or drag it on and partially rebuild which is a waste of time. I genuinely love Boaky, Gray, Hartlett etc but i would rather as a fan watch my team win grand finals then watch a bunch of childhood favourites get an extra year or 2. Im sure we could get Lukosius with a big name like Gray or Boak. Why wait 2 or 3 more years to watch these guys retire? Maximise on there names at the moment and harbor some kind of return.

Neither are the players most of the time, do you want the club to move forward and attack in rebuild mode or drag it on and partially rebuild which is a waste of time. I genuinely love Boaky, Gray, Hartlett etc but i would rather as a fan watch my team win grand finals then watch a bunch of childhood favourites get an extra year or 2. Im sure we could get Lukosius with a big name like Gray or Boak. Why wait 2 or 3 more years to watch these guys retire? Maximise on there names at the moment and harbor some kind of return.
I'm not sure of ya thought process here Robbie Gray for example is not holding back some half cooked rebuild & as an over 30yo his trade value is diminished to a nothing pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back