Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember going to a Port Magpies v Collingwood trial game and a Port Magpies v Essendon trial game both at Football Park but different years (early 90s... 92? 93?)

Anyone else remember these? Decent crowds were there.

IIRC Collingwood beat Port but I think Port beat Essendon.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

I went to those games. Port also played Freo in a trial game.

Port wore the prison bar guernsey against Collingwood and there was no trouble differentiating between the two.

I went to those games. Port also played Freo in a trial game.

Port wore the prison bar guernsey against Collingwood and there was no trouble differentiating between the two.
Yeah true. Yeah 2 x prison bars was easy to differentiate. I never even noticed to be honest which says there was no clash

Richmond throwing a hissy fit at potentially losing their competitive advantage.
It seems they would prefer to have only the 4 viable clubs left in the comp so the rest can get stuffed.
On going back to play games at the clubs' ovals?

Yes, football wasn't professional in those times and it may go back to semi-professional but that doesn't mean there won't still be thousands of young men willing to play footy at the top level. One of the upsides of this whole disaster is that it might result in a reset of
The other day with nothing else better to do, I went through the current staff listing of the Port footy club, well the one that is currently on the Port web site.
There were some strange job titles out there and I bet their job descriptions would have be even stranger!
FFS even Kenny had a Personal Assistant. I use the word ‘had’ indicating that she may have been stood down already. This is sad but she shouldn’t have been there in the first place!
Since putting this post up, I’ve had some second thoughts that perhaps I was a bit harsh,
I would suggest that there are quite a few positions that are only part time (say 2 to 3 days a weeks) and that some other positions may even be seasonal, for example, the stat’s guys and membership guys.
But yes, savings can be made and I can see that club staff positions being filled by volunteers when the all clear is given.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fox Footy currently showing a replay of the Dees-Freo contest of 2008 where the Dockers coughed up a 50 point HT/32 3QT-lead.

Pavlich just an absolute beast throughout.

What’s Adam Morgan up to these days?

They had the 54-point West Coast comeback against Geelong in 2006 on last night, and even back then, seeing Geelong get shown up in front of their home crowd is one of footballs greatest pleasures.

Their silence is deafening when things don’t go their way.
That was an AMAZING game.

54 points down with 8 mins to go in the 3rd

as much as afl clubs making cuts is going to hurt, think of all the commentators who'll be cut for season 2020 & 2021

:smilingimp:
Make a list of the ones you can tolerate and label it 'better commentators'

Then scribble out the label and change it to 'unemployed commentators'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back