Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serious question but, how did Jasper get through juniors if he hated the culture? Going through that and still going "Yep this is for me" seems strange.

The most frustrating thing out of all of this that we will be set back years in trying to gain any independence from the AFL like the richer clubs will have.
Even the Crows intend to get their own loan from NAB so they will not be under the intense scrutiny going forward that lesser clubs ( financially) like us will. Just more of the same for Port. ******* annoying.

The most frustrating thing out of all of this that we will be set back years in trying to gain any independence from the AFL like the richer clubs will have.
Even the Crows intend to get their own loan from NAB so they will not be under the intense scrutiny going forward that lesser clubs ( financially) like us will. Just more of the same for Port. ******* annoying.

Pointless machismo on behalf of the Crows and Bulldogs.
Why borrow at a higher rate to avoid 'scrutiny'.
Makes no sense at all.

Clubs are pushing back on list size reduction quite hard apparently. How about just a uniform pay cut of 10% (for say, the next 3-5) year instead of cutting list sizes, which then has big ramifications on Reserves and clubs ability to work through injuries.

How are clubs supposed to work through this when they have planned on contract lengths based on current list sizes. If we decided that half the players we wanted to cut still have contracts are we then expected to foot the bill for their pay out ? Is it just bad luck and we pay them out or cut players we don't want to based on current contract status ?

I cant see us going back to that (willingly) more likely to need more top ups, which the SANFL will love given the quality of player we'd be getting.... SANFL don't want us being too competitive.

Cutting lists is just stupid. Most teams will just lose the bottom lowest paid players. Some teams might have to look at retiring players that are near the end early.

the back end of the draft misses out, meaning we might lose the chance to find some stars.

doing all that while half the teams in the league have players getting paid over $1m (some have more than one) would be moronic

this is your free agency * up coming back to bite you campaigners in the ass Afl.

except they want the clubs to suffer because of it.

I'm still waiting for an explanation how Footscray became "rich"? Did they just flog off huge amounts of poker machines? Is this the reason? They still get the 3rd highest distribution from the AFL for the established clubs. It doesn't make sense. They are a s**t heap scrubber club.

From memory it was Jasper, Jonas, Wines & O'Shea. Possibly one other.
Jasper came with a small group to Hong Kong for a few days after the first Shanghai match in 2017.

The others were Westhoff, Hartlett, Broadbent and Butcher.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious question but, how did Jasper get through juniors if he hated the culture? Going through that and still going "Yep this is for me" seems strange.
There is nothing more accurate than this.

If anything it's easier as an adult to fit in.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for an explanation how Footscray became "rich"? Did they just flog off huge amounts of poker machines? Is this the reason? They still get the 3rd highest distribution from the AFL for the established clubs. It doesn't make sense. They are a s**t heap scrubber club.

They aren't rich at all this is just Peter Gordon trying to make the Bulldogs look self sufficient. It's an immensely stupid decision and could kill them off.

They aren't rich at all this is just Peter Gordon trying to make the Bulldogs look self sufficient. It's an immensely stupid decision and could kill them off.

The fine print where the AFL promise to cover 100% of the cap for those not getting help seems to matter here.

Gee

If only one of the blokes involved with heaps of disposable income could have, I dunno, adopted it?

Jasper really does seem like a “everyone’s fault but mine”-type operator.

I still have vivid memories of him sooking on television because the booboys got hold of him after his 34th consecutive unforced clanger against GWS.

Wish we could go back in time and draft Christopher Pyne instead. 8 years of him off halfback would’ve been more tolerable.

Peter Gordon and Susan Alberti have donated millions out of their own pockets over the years. They’re the type of white knights James Brayshaw claimed North had.

Really 99% of professional footballers are blokey. Jasper would still be a beer man by regular social standards.

What it boils down to is the north melbourne supporter hasn’t booed him and hurt his feelings yet so he’s walking around Arden St everyday humming kumbaya to himself until it does happen.

Then they’ll be to blokey as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back