Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lance Franklin’s hamstring injury is likely to keep the superstar forward sidelined for more than six weeks.
Though Sydney will wait on Thursday’s official scan results before publicly declaring a timeframe, foxfooty.com.au understands the strain is feared to be much worse than a regular 21-day injury.

Gee, they delayed round 2 by two and a half months and Buddy still couldn't get fit.

Our relaxed ‘mission accomplished’ attitude in the 2014 off season was the catalyst for every mediocre performance we have since seen at the club. Ken on deck chair pic sums up the club post 2014.
Sad isn't it. Most of us thought we were on the cusp of something great, but in hindsight the early signs of Hinkleyball were already there in 2014.

Lance Franklin’s hamstring injury is likely to keep the superstar forward sidelined for more than six weeks.
Though Sydney will wait on Thursday’s official scan results before publicly declaring a timeframe, foxfooty.com.au understands the strain is feared to be much worse than a regular 21-day injury.

Unfortunately for Bud and the Swans, it looks like he's just about done. Would've been nice to see him kick 1000 goals as who knows when that's going to happen again.

Mullets, long hair to be banned at the same time you'd imagine...

AFL clubs grapple with history versus cash in new jumper venture

7555295a7b160ca26c75563129ba2a296f01d018-16x9-x0y0w1304h734.png

AFL fans could notice a change on their clubs’ guernseys when football returns next month.

With teams desperate to keep sponsors and their funding, real estate on the back of jumpers has been made available.

But it’s left some clubs to grapple with history versus cash.

After five games were cut from the fixture in the coronavirus-affected 2020 season, teams are searching for options to give sponsors value for money.

Space above player numbers could provide existing sponsors with additional exposure in the shortened premiership campaign.

It’s likely that existing sponsors will fill the slot this year, but it could be opened up to new companies in future seasons.

Yeah i actually reckon Buddy will recover from this and go another season next year and hopefully he gets the 1000 goal mark.

I really hope he does, i think he is the best player this game has produced in my lifetime. I genuinely think he is the Goat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does Buddy's contract still hit the Swans if he retires?
The actual amount they'd pay Franklin if he retired tomorrow can be anything they negotiate with him. However the contract amount counts against their cap for the length of his contract, regardless of what he is paid. That's a condition of free agency, so you can't say you'll pay someone $2mil a year for 20 years to price out a club, then immediately redo the contract to something more reasonable.

How many times this year are we going to hear "We would have won if quarters were normal length"?
Ignoring of course, that if the quarters were longer the opposition would have paced themselves differently as well. For Port it just means we bring our junk time goals against us forward a few minutes. :drunk:

Ignoring of course, that if the quarters were longer the opposition would have paced themselves differently as well. For Port it just means we bring our junk time goals against us forward a few minutes. :drunk:
Remember Hinkley saying last March that the rule changes for 2019 favoured Ports? How'd that work out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back