Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 7.06.47 am.jpg

Snippets from the article:

Up to three board members are poised to leave the Adelaide Football Club, including chairman Rob Chapman, in one of the biggest overhauls in the Crows’ almost 30-year history.

Among those involved in talks about at least two, possibly three, board vacancies are entrepreneur Warren Randall – executive chairman of renowned Barossa winery Seppeltsfield – and former defence minister Christopher Pyne, now a lobbyist.

Food industry tycoon Darren Thomas also has been mentioned, but is considered unlikely because of time commitments in a $300 million replacement of a Murray Bridge meat processing plant devastated by fire in 2018. His firm is a Crows sponsor.

ontroversial football director Mark Ricciuto – a Brownlow Medallist, former captain, premiership player and club champion – is likely to continue despite external attacks on his performance and criticism of past players.

Mr Randall said: “If I can make a positive contribution, it would be a privilege and an honour because I love the Adelaide Crows.”

View attachment 906982

Up to three board members are poised to leave the Adelaide Football Club, including chairman Rob Chapman, in one of the biggest overhauls in the Crows’ almost 30-year history.

Among those involved in talks about at least two, possibly three, board vacancies are entrepreneur Warren Randall – executive chairman of renowned Barossa winery Seppeltsfield – and former defence minister Christopher Pyne, now a lobbyist.

Food industry tycoon Darren Thomas also has been mentioned, but is considered unlikely because of time commitments in a $300 million replacement of a Murray Bridge meat processing plant devastated by fire in 2018. His firm is a Crows sponsor.

ontroversial football director Mark Ricciuto – a Brownlow Medallist, former captain, premiership player and club champion – is likely to continue despite external attacks on his performance and criticism of past players.

Mr Randall said: “If I can make a positive contribution, it would be a privilege and an honour because I love the Adelaide Crows.”
Chardonnays for all!

EcIcTWzU4AAy-R3
Untitled.jpg
#CrowForLife

View attachment 906982

Warren Randall appointed Stephen Trigg as Managing Director of his wine company. Christopher Pyne is essentially the same as us putting Vanstone on our board.

We have zero to worry about with these 2 possible appointments.

View attachment 906982

Ugh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 906982

Everything they have done to try to fix their mess has fallen flat on its face. I welcome any changes they decide on and llong may Roo reign.

Did Port get any similar assurances?

AFL fixture boss Travis Auld told ABC Grandstand the league has guaranteed Victorian clubs they'll return home after round nine regardless of whether border restrictions have eased.
"I think you'd look at a bye or a split round of some sort to find your way through that," he said.
"We'll start looking at round eight and nine now and hopefully in the next week or so we'll release those… but we're certainly open-minded to what it might look like after this little batch of five games.
"If it means we need to give the competition a week off or those teams in Victoria a week off then that's what we'll do in order to meet our commitment."

Were the AFL prepared to contemplate a bye to get Port back to Adelaide Oval? I am really pissed off by these comments. :mad: :mad: :mad: What commitment is that Travis? The deal you have done with McGuire to get him to leave the safety of Melbourne and fly to a COVID-19 hotspot like Perth?

Add this to the file of examples of Victorian bias in the AFL.

Did Port get any similar assurances?

AFL fixture boss Travis Auld told ABC Grandstand the league has guaranteed Victorian clubs they'll return home after round nine regardless of whether border restrictions have eased.
"I think you'd look at a bye or a split round of some sort to find your way through that," he said.
"We'll start looking at round eight and nine now and hopefully in the next week or so we'll release those… but we're certainly open-minded to what it might look like after this little batch of five games.
"If it means we need to give the competition a week off or those teams in Victoria a week off then that's what we'll do in order to meet our commitment."

Were the AFL prepared to contemplate a bye to get Port back to Adelaide Oval? I am really pissed off by these comments. :mad: :mad: :mad: What commitment is that Travis? The deal you have done with McGuire to get him to leave the safety of Melbourne and fly to a COVID-19 hotspot like Perth?

Add this to the file of examples of Victorian bias in the AFL.

No one gave a s**t when it was "interstate" clubs

Now the media circus is bleating about the poor viccos. You'd think the players would be glad to get away from plague central.

Ricciuto is going to try and Doug Thomas the crows into mediocrity for decades and its glorious

I hope so but I'm not yet convinced he's all that bad. I'm not sure what to conclude about his tenure/involvement as a board member but I assume his influence is large.

The crows' rise coincided with his employment there. We'll see how quickly they bounce back given his influence.

I don't think what he's said about the departed players is untrue but he's conveniently censored it to keep his club looking spotless for the gullible faithful.

I think that it is a club that constricts individuality to an uncomfortable point and many of their employed leaders are of that type, including Ricciuto.

I hope they never change but importantly we must win flags whilst they trek through the wilderness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back