Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get Crows fans they seem to recognize their culture problem to an extent and want change but McLeod comes out with something like yesterday & the majority are calling him precious.. I guess Edwards & BiTtEr Bone are the same lol.

They really are such a * up of a club. They were gifted the adulation and goodwill of 2 thirds of the masses and the majority of the media/business connections of this state and they just continue to self inflict harm on themselves. They are bewilderingly bad at most things despite having a huge leg up. You look at West Coast and think what are these idiots doing? The soul of that club is rotten.

They really are such a fu** up of a club. They were gifted the adulation and goodwill of 2 thirds of the masses and the majority of the media/business connections of this state and they just continue to self inflict harm on themselves. They are bewilderingly bad at most things despite having a huge leg up. You look at West Coast and think what are these idiots doing? The soul of that club is rotten.

I guess that's what happens when the entire premise of the club was borne out of spite. From day one their entire reason of existence was to stick it to us.

If federal stimulus money goes toward this I will spew.
Well get ready to throw up. $15m has already been allocated from the now disgraced 'Sports Rorts' affair which apparently is on the table 'til 2026

This free hit was not even asked for by the crows their Liberal backers both State n Federal thought "hey what a great idea"

Meanwhile Port had the cheek to ask for $5m for an Aboriginal Academy and were refused. Bugger all was said about this in the lead up to the last election.

AFL clubs trying to convert membership payments into tax-deductible gifts are at risk of breaching federal consumer and tax law, and supporters could be left bearing the cost, experts have warned.

With the likelihood that members will be locked out of attending games for the foreseeable future, clubs have begun pleading with members not to seek refunds, instead urging them to convert some or all of their membership payment into a tax-deductible donation.

Several clubs are seeking the donations via a third party — the Australian Sports Foundation — because sporting clubs are not charities and cannot offer tax-deductible status themselves.

In some instances, members who choose to convert their payments to donations are being offered benefits in return including store vouchers, discounts and entries to competitions to win houses and cars.

But legal experts say the clubs are walking a fine line, because tax law requires tax-deductible gifts or donations to be made out of the kindness of the donor's heart, and cannot be in return for material benefits.

riccuitos reaction to a former greats admission he doesn’t feel welcome back at the club is worse and more worrying than the actual admission.
Yup, not "I'm upset that he feels that way at the club", its "I'm upset that he's said that publicly, should've just shut up because pandemics and finances".

They really are such a fu** up of a club. They were gifted the adulation and goodwill of 2 thirds of the masses and the majority of the media/business connections of this state and they just continue to self inflict harm on themselves. They are bewilderingly bad at most things despite having a huge leg up. You look at West Coast and think what are these idiots doing? The soul of that club is rotten.
The idiots running the club wouldn't be there if the club was publicly listed. Would have been kicked out by now for incompetence. There's just no accountability.

But I'm happy for their incompetence to continue. Suits our club to the ground.

The idiots running the club wouldn't be there if the club was publicly listed. Would have been kicked out by now for incompetence. There's just no accountability.

But I'm happy for their incompetence to continue. Suits our club to the ground.
Provided we capitalise in the short term with some semblance of on field success. They give us so many opportunities to look like a great club in comparison. We usually butcher it.

Provided we capitalise in the short term with some semblance of on field success. They give us so many opportunities to look like a great club in comparison. We usually butcher it.
I can hear the 'Narrators' voice.

Yup, not "I'm upset that he feels that way at the club", its "I'm upset that he's said that publicly, should've just shut up because pandemics and finances".
Their first instinct when anyone, no matter who they are, says something that isn't 100% positive about the Camry Crows is to go on the attack. Next step is to wheel out the ambassadors to keep up the offensive.

Their first instinct when anyone, no matter who they are, says something that isn't 100% positive about the Camry Crows is to go on the attack. Next step is to wheel out the ambassadors to keep up the offensive.
The worst part about Parvo Boys reaction is ******* Dittmar doing the radio equivalent of standing next to him and nodding in agreement.

If Dittmar was a real Port fan he should be pointing out how its great about the amount of ex-players you can run into down at the Port Club at Alberton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The worst part about Parvo Boys reaction is ******* Dittmar doing the radio equivalent of standing next to him and nodding in agreement.

If Dittmar was a real Port fan he should be pointing out how its great about the amount of ex-players you can run into down at the Port Club at Alberton.

Because a vocal port fan wouldn’t be given a spot on radio. They know that if they want to get paid they need to be nice.

hell ******* Rucci, supposedly a port fan but with no connections and absolutely willing to bash the * out of port in our poor years (he was merciless in those primus days from memory) has been ostracised by the Adelaide football franchise and had his career threatened.

Tredrea steps very softly. Kane smartly escaped the Adelaide bubble and established himself with the Vic media crowd.

Dittmar is a paid patsy. He loves his job more than his football club

Not sure we do as much for past players - especially Power era players - as we potentially could.

I know Brisbane really look after theirs, especially the ones that now live outisde of Qld. Fly them and fgamily up there once a year toi entertain them at a home game.

Not sure we do as much for past players - especially Power era players - as we potentially could.

I know Brisbane really look after theirs, especially the ones that now live outisde of Qld. Fly them and fgamily up there once a year toi entertain them at a home game.
Well all theirs live in Vic, so a once a year gesture makes sense.
A lot of ours are locals, particularly from the SANFL era, theres therefore a constant thing.

Because a vocal port fan wouldn’t be given a spot on radio. They know that if they want to get paid they need to be nice.

hell ******* Rucci, supposedly a port fan but with no connections and absolutely willing to bash the fu** out of port in our poor years (he was merciless in those primus days from memory) has been ostracised by the Adelaide football franchise and had his career threatened.

Tredrea steps very softly. Kane smartly escaped the Adelaide bubble and established himself with the Vic media crowd.
Bones McDermott got sacked from the 5aa sports show alongside cRowie for saying in 2014

"Port own AO the way they've gone about gameday the March the noise the atmosphere"

"Steady on Bones"

"No Stephen they absolutely have made it theirs"

Within 10 days he was replaced.

Been over to the Freo board and a club statement has been issued

Duffield says "It is understood McCarthy had recovered and was able to walk to the ambulance but was taken for assessment and observation."

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back