Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Age would be a factor, but we all grow out of being a teenager if we keep on living. Compare a 40 year white experience vs a 40 year old indigenous experience, I wonder what the difference would be.
What are we saying here though bLaCk pEoPlE nEvEr ComMiT cRiMe so only frisk crackers?

From Chad's comments he isn't singling out Port's response but also those of opposition clubs who did nothing about their supporters posting racist comments on his social media platforms.

And this is probably endemic across the AFL given Chad has spoken openly about it on the podcast and referred to other players' instances, while other Aboriginal AFL players have said they're not willing to speak out either.

Turiyasangitananda

Cancelled
May 10, 2006
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What are we saying here though bLaCk pEoPlE nEvEr ComMiT cRiMe so only frisk crackers?
That's an interesting jump in the conversation, but it depends to answer your question. Some stats would be good. How much more likely is it that one group gets frisked over the other? That's probably where the answer lies.

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
That's an interesting jump in the conversation, but it depends to answer your question. Some stats would be good. How much more likely is it that one group gets frisked over the other? That's probably where the answer lies.
Adelaide is a pretty mixed bag of cultures & backgrounds these days it would be interesting & to be fair you'd need to collate stats differently for some areas/suburbs compared to others to get any true reflection.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Probably the same likelihood that some demographics are likely to thieve more.

That doesn't make it right to suspect someone of something with no evidence because of how they look.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Turiyasangitananda

Cancelled
May 10, 2006
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Adelaide is a pretty mixed bag of cultures & backgrounds these days it would be interesting & to be fair you'd need to collate stats differently for some areas/suburbs compared to others to get any true reflection.
Yep. I think it's fair to say some backgrounds get favoured or discriminated more over others.

Turiyasangitananda

Cancelled
May 10, 2006
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Probably the same likelihood that some demographics are likely to thieve more.

That doesn't make it right to suspect someone of something with no evidence because of how they look.

So from what you are saying it begs the question as to why that is the case that a certain demographic or demographics may 'thieve' more. That's a complex answer and it needs to go beyond "but if they didn't thieve so much they wouldn't get targeted".

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
So from what you are saying it begs the question as to why that is the case that a certain demographic or demographics may 'thieve' more. That's a complex answer and it needs to go beyond "but if they didn't thieve so much they wouldn't get targeted".
I'm didn't say it was right to target anyone without evidence a theft may have taken place. You are correct about everything else. Simply suspecting people for stealing because you must experience a higher % of some demographics shoplift does not mean that it's reasonable to assume all people of that group are. That's racism in this case.

blaargh

Club Legend
Mar 4, 2009
Elsewhere
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Also I think we've missed the point that Chad would be scoffing chocolate before games.

I imagine that this is pretty standard and tame. It’s better to have the players bonding over a few small treats the night before a massive workout - than to breed a culture of isolation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah it was great going to the Hungry Jacks before and after games as it was literally the only thing open for miles.
My old man had an awesome set up on the grass across from Macca's bbq beers and space to have a leg.
The best days were the gfs the old man would get down there at 2am and set up was some seriously good times had.

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
i find this incredibly hard to believe with the recent history of events in Sydney and Queensland. There’s big pockets in those states that a kkk grand wizard would have lots of friends and probably get elected.
Queensland is shocking no doubt but SA is probably around the same .. look at Facebook comments from SA media pieces it's disgusting

I imagine racism difference between states would be correlated with % of multiculturalism.

The school I went to (SA) was almost entirely white (like 95%) and ironically I think that helped as any ethnicities got swallowed up and integrated into your normal school groups like it was nothing. I imagine a more even mix create more divides with the tendency to flock together and the us v them atmosphere breeds.

Not sure where that leaves society other than to say the ultimate cure to racism will be in 2000 years when the pot is completely mixed and we're all the same shade of light brown.

Pear1870

Section 301
Port Adelaide - Allir Allir Player Sponsor 2021 Port Adelaide - Kane Farrell Player Sponsor 2021 Port Adelaide - Connor Rozee Player Sponsor 2020
Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I only ever saw them once at the Adelaide Oval, but a family set up a barbecue on that little piece of grass outside the Memorial Drive tennis courts. Perhaps they were moved on?

Quite a few barbies happen at the Northern car park ore gates open. Cost $20 to park the car but.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
The biggest wtf I got from this is just there is a game in Melbourne on a Sunday night, surely that's against the Constitution? Why is the government allowing this?

Late Sunday lives matter

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back