Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SA is probably the most racist state I've ever been too and I've been everywhere.

No doubt we as a club are the best at it though.

Have you been to North Queensland? If so you'd reconsider that statement.

The biggest wtf I got from this is just there is a game in Melbourne on a Sunday night, surely that's against the Constitution? Why is the government allowing this?

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
Wait until Eddie McGuire hears about this. Between this and prison bars his world will come crashing down.

Turiyasangitananda

Cancelled
May 10, 2006
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm didn't say it was right to target anyone without evidence a theft may have taken place. You are correct about everything else. Simply suspecting people for stealing because you must experience a higher % of some demographics shoplift does not mean that it's reasonable to assume all people of that group are. That's racism in this case.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
No, I didn't been to imply that you were saying that.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Agreed, I spent a couple of weeks in Cairns in 1971, which was very much a frontier town then and nothing like the tourist destination it has become today.
It was a fairly rough place in some areas, particularly where the itinerant sugar cane workers gathered and racism was definitely bubbling away just below the surface.

From memory indigenous Australians were still under the control of a Queensland government department at that time as well, and Queensland was the last state to eventually drop those restrictions.

I imagine racism difference between states would be correlated with % of multiculturalism.

The school I went to (SA) was almost entirely white (like 95%) and ironically I think that helped as any ethnicities got swallowed up and integrated into your normal school groups like it was nothing. I imagine a more even mix create more divides with the tendency to flock together and the us v them atmosphere breeds.

Not sure where that leaves society other than to say the ultimate cure to racism will be in 2000 years when the pot is completely mixed and we're all the same shade of light brown.
It has shown to be the case in quite a few studies.
Though the places more racist are those that are more homogenous.
People mixing stops racism as sensible people know that skin colour is irrelevant to come ones character.

I wager that Pauline Hanson is more racist than the entire state of SA on her own.

Smithy7

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Kane Cornes has taken aim at the AFL after another former player revealed his extensive drug use that was never revealed by the league.

The program which was brought into the AFL in the early 2000s sees players given three strikes if they return a positive test.
A player will receive a $5000 fine for a first strike before they’re named publicly and suspended for four matches on a second strike. A third strike results in a 12-match suspension.
The AFL’s illicit drugs policy just does not work. This year alone we’ve seen feature stories on Ben Cousins, former Melbourne player Brock McLean and in today’s Herald Sun former Hawthorn All Australian Jonathan Hey, who described himself as a full blown drug addict who abused various drugs including ice in his playing days,” Cornes said.

“There is no doubt that there are current day players still abusing this policy that does protect the anonymity of players. I get the feeling that in five, 10 years time there is going to be a current day player that will be the next Brock McLean or the next Jonathan Hay that are come out, tell their story about how drugs ruined their life and we will have learnt absolutely nothing.

Harro59

Club Legend
May 14, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I wager that Pauline Hanson is more racist than the entire state of SA on her own.
This is true the necks are sure red up there, that is for sure.

As for SA you would be surprised at the rasicm around, I mean head to Twitter at the moment and you will see a fiar few fro. SA that are basically digging in and fighring with the BLM crowd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol, if Andrew McLeod doesn't feel welcome at the Camry Crows' Westpac Centre of Excellence it is Port Power's fault.

At least Ambassador Wrinkles makes no secret that he is writing that article as an official Camry Crows' Ambassador. Puts the entire article into context for anyone who has been living under a rock since 1990.

View attachment 887516

An awkward POS

Holy s**t. Crocodile tears now.

20200608_002101.jpg

Stryke

Club Legend
Aug 13, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Chad's request to empty his pockets in unfortunate but not necessarily racist, the storekeeper may wrongly accuse many people whatever their background.

Out of interest how many times have you been asked to empty your pockets in a shop?

As a 41 year old white man, my number is zero.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Out of interest how many times have you been asked to empty your pockets in a shop?

As a 41 year old white man, my number is zero.
46, white and zero. Sure show bag contents when I've come in with backpack on way home from work to pick up something, but that's expected. Chad's right to be pissed at what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back