Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly off topic but 2 midfielders in that list kicked 1.11. Could have killed the crows. But danger signs for us Saturday night.

Briz are the real deal.

Rozee, Wines easy miss goals can’t be tolerated this week either, we are getting better but still miss too many simple goals.

Ted's 3rd quarter heroics not enough to get a vote from his own coach (nor Charlie's hanger for that matter)...

Brisbane vs Adelaide

10 Hugh McCluggage (BL)
5 Jarrod Berry (BL)
5 Lachie Neale (BL)
4 Mitch Robinson (BL)
3 Harris Andrews (BL)
2 Jarryd Lyons (BL)
1 Lincoln McCarthy (BL)

But best on ground Ted???

That we let it get to the point where we pushed Chad out the door still makes me sad. Seeing our kids work well helps salve the pain but I will never be convinced we 'won' that trade.

The other thing that isn't mentioned is that we could've sourced pick 18 and Burton for a much cheaper price than Wingard. Only a year later we moved Dougal freaking Howard for pick 18. Hawthorn clearly didn't rate Burton too highly and could've been moved for a second round pick, probably in 2019 instead of 2018. We didn't absolutely have to give up Wingard to get Duursma and Burton, that's just the path we took.

Wish people would get over this Chad moan.
We have some top class lads going around right now.
Much rather talk about them than a ex player.
Get used to it every time Chad puts in a good one coupled with one, two or all of Rozee, Butters, Duursma and Burton putting in quiet ones or are injured.

Chad Wingard for 6 years or Burton and Duursma for a combined 20?

This is the only thing that makes me somewhat okay with the trade. Wingard is clearly a better footballer than Burton and Duursma, but we'll probably get an extra 10-12 years out of our guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laughing at Vics talking about how it’s unfair that GCS haven’t left home, so the season is a bust!

if Ports mange to win this season it’ll be won in the most difficult circumstance possible!
My AFL hating boss says this year's premiership means nothing, given what's occurred. But if Port happens to win it, I'll take great delight in repeatedly reminding him about it, long after the season is over.

Holding the ball should only ever be about prior opportunity. How much prior opportunity you've had should determine whether dropping the ball is considered an infringement or not, or whether a failed attempt to dispose of the ball is an infringement or not.

Clarke just upset his 6-6-6 rule didn't revolutionise the game for the better but definitely agree any rule should reward the player that attacks the ball. If you've had prior and you drop it out without faith disposal, fair enough. Problem though is consistency with 3 umps on the field.

One pet hate I've got is when the player takes possession, sees the tackler approaching and rather than moving the ball on, they embrace, lock the ball in and because the player is standing the umps rule it as no prior. Happened at least twice on the weekend. Personally it's the equivalent of tucking it in when you're on the ground.

Travis Boak drops to 3rd in the AFLCA MVP Leaderboard after collecting 1 vote in the West Coast win for a total of 29. He narrowly trails Lachie Neale (31) and Matt Rowell, who has racked up three consecutive 10-vote performances, only the second player to ever do this.

Current Top 10

PlayerClubTotalGP1234
Neale, LachieBrisbane Lions314610105
Rowell, MatthewGold Coast303101010
Boak, TravisPort Adelaide294108101
Wingard, ChadHawthorn23310310
Pendlebury, ScottCollingwood223688
Adams, TaylorCollingwood203488
Goldstein, ToddNorth Melbourne2034106
Heeney, IsaacSydney192109
McCluggage, HughBrisbane Lions182810
Casboult, LeviCarlton182108
Greene, TobyGWS Giants182810

Full Port Leaderboard

PlayerClubTotalGP1234
Boak, TravisPort Adelaide294108101
Dixon, CharliePort Adelaide142410
Rozee, ConnorPort Adelaide10264
Byrne-Jones, DarcyPort Adelaide93153
Wines, OlliePort Adelaide818
Hartlett, HamishPort Adelaide818
Motlop, StevenPort Adelaide717
Rockliff, TomPort Adelaide515
Ebert, BradPort Adelaide515
Duursma, XavierPort Adelaide414
McKenzie, TrentPort Adelaide414
Gray, RobbiePort Adelaide313
Lycett, ScottPort Adelaide3212
Amon, KarlPort Adelaide313
Marshall, ToddPort Adelaide212
Westhoff, JustinPort Adelaide212

This is tempting

jesus if you’re really game there’s a lot of money that could be made.

they are absolutely bad enough to go 0-17, it’s just a matter of how complacent do teams get against them. We already saw 4 rounds in Brisbane had written off the game as a training drill before the bounce.

if I had a bit of cash to risk I wouldn’t mind going a couple thousand on that bet. It’s only 13 more games.

the sucky part is there not offering cash out

And yet Port is averaging 86 points per game - despite the shortened quarters. Naturally they'll say that's because we've only played crap teams so far, and not because we might actually be a pretty good team.

We haven’t beaten anyone higher than us on the ladder....oh wait 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
The blatantly ignoring of the bias by the media is what says to me it's not going to change
I change this

Catching up on today's radio bits and watching the coverage tonight it's changed to

Its always been unfair what do you want to do about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back