Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quote from Niall's little sook:

While we will only know how unfair the season was with the benefit of 2020 hindsight, this season is becoming less friendly to the Victorians, who are about to discover what it's like to be spending extended periods living out of a suitcase.

That's code for : I'll write a positive article about how fair the season was all things considered if a Vic team wins the GF. But if an inter-state club wins, my angle will be : an interstate club wins a rather meaningless GF in a season that was tilted heavily against the Vic clubs.

Loved this bit ...

"Right now the rules are weighted against Victorians, since we are living in what West Aussies and Queenslanders view as the state of contagion."

I don't think it's just a "view" old mate ....

Yep, it's been tough on Victorian players, living in their own community and playing all their games at home. I should check the ladder and see - they should be blitzing it...

A quote from Niall's little sook:

While we will only know how unfair the season was with the benefit of 2020 hindsight, this season is becoming less friendly to the Victorians, who are about to discover what it's like to be spending extended periods living out of a suitcase.

That's code for : I'll write a positive article about how fair the season was all things considered if a Vic team wins the GF. But if an inter-state club wins, my angle will be : an interstate club wins a rather meaningless GF in a season that was tilted heavily against the Vic clubs.

What an utter knob Jake is!

Maybe Crows could get at least one of those first rounders a bag of stale chips back for him...

Whilst Victorian journos and players talk about the mental health issues around Hubbing in a luxury hotel for a month or so, just think about the mental health issues old Bryce would be facing. Yeah he's still getting paid a fair bit of dough, but he is now being treated like a pariah by the the club, the Adelaide media and the Adelaide fans. What he cost the club in both draft picks and coin will increasingly be blamed for their shitfulness. What was to be the missing piece has turned out to be anything but. He's still in their best 22 (as they barely have a dozen AFL standard players) but they won't play him. If the rumours of his gambling debts are true, you'd have to think Bryce isn't in a very good head space at all. Almost feel sorry for him.

But still no talk of a hub for SA. Even though both Port and the crows went to a Qld hub.

Maybe they figure Vic teams transplanted to Queensland can travel to SA for games. :rolleyes:

Maybe Crows could get at least one of those first rounders a bag of stale chips back for him...

He's been destroyed by the crows according to Ambassador-in-Chief.

I reckon we will be a hub later - so teams that are in open borders to ours can just fly in and play.

That's not really a hub though, just a FIFO arrangement.

And if the borders are open the AFL can just as easily send us there to play, like our game v GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it somewhat ironic that the AFL's efforts to ensure that the Victorian clubs are minimally disadvantaged by the changes to the draw as a result of COVID-19 could possibly see the season cancelled because of Victorians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back