Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if all finals will be on FTA?
Why wouldn't they be? It's been that way since 2002 when Pay TV got rights.

View attachment 966207

Geelong are beatable, if Port come up against them again.
DEpends we actually have to *en show up and have some grit against these drugged up campaigners

We’ve got the talent to do it but they own our team so totally in the mind I don’t think we’ll produce

Nothing would make me happier to be wrong but....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No fairytale in the WAFL. Since WCE came in, Perth has only made the finals once - 1997. Were up 37-34 mid way in the last quarter, but a couple of errors saw them lose 37-48.
I remember Perth being an absolute powerhouse for a couple of years in the 70s.

In 1976 they upset a dominant East Perth in the grand final by a couple of points to win the premiership and then were themselves totally dominant in 1977, going on to win the grand final against East Fremantle by a record margin.

After such an amazing season, it's incredible to think they haven't won a premiership since then. They should have won in 1978 - they were dominant again that year but lost the grand final to East Perth by a few points in what was effectively a reversal of roles from 1976.

DEpends we actually have to fu**en show up and have some grit against these drugged up campaigners

We’ve got the talent to do it but they own our team so totally in the mind I don’t think we’ll produce

Nothing would make me happier to be wrong but....

Cats are ripe for the picking atm. If we play smart footy we will win.
Tigers are a different proposition. Not sure we can topple them.
Have to be at our absolute best to get the four points and percentage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back