Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
So 8000 tickets for each of the 2 competing clubs. Wonder what the usual allocation is. ....
I'm not sure if it is 15K per competing club, 30K total, or 30K per competing club.

Edit: from this article it was 17K per competing club last year

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm not sure if it is 15K per competing club, 30K total, or 30K per competing club.

Edit: from this article it was 17K per competing club last year

Approx 16k between the 2 clubs I read it as it as. 30k is the total

Ah so 17k last year per club thanks

Alberton Proud

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2012
Beachside
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I needed a good laugh

Ooooh a camp ! ⛺

“Communicate with them and train in groups and even be able to do activities together like tee up some fishing trips or camping trips and have a good time together "

Chardy's hitting the spot :wineglass:

"O’Brien said despite the 13 losses in a row the Crows had remained positive about the journey they are on, but the three wines had “taken it to another level”.

isn't that what happened last year :think:

“We are doing the opposite of what you would normally see with teams (in their situation) it (the morale) gets worse and worse as groups sort of splinter off throughout the year and it gets more and more negative but we have been able to buck the trend.”

Porky, porky pies 🐷

"Adelaide chairman Rob Chapman says the Crows’ hierarchy potentially didn’t communicate the club’s rebuild as “clearly” as they could have early on in the season"

Keep selling that s**t :poo:

“At the start the fans probably struggled to understand, maybe we didn’t communicate it as clearly as we could have, but gee whiz, they have been rewarded. Maybe, (we’re) not getting ahead of ourselves, another one in a couple of days time,”

But we do 🥄

“We don’t care about where we finish on the ladder"

Approx 16k between the 2 clubs I read it as it as. 30k is the total

Ah so 17k last year per club thanks
There’s no way there’ll be enough flights for 10k, let alone 17k!

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not a fan of the double-up. One showdown a year is plenty, and makes it more of an event.

From our perspective too it's always a 50/50 game regardless of each team's form. Brisbane and WC aren't similarly affected 😉.
I don't mind the double up, but I don't think it's essential. If the AFL is moving to more games played, then start with everyone plays each other, then do a rolling draw, so if it's going to be 27 games played for each club, then over 17 years you're playing every side 27 times. As soon as you add Showdowns, Derbies, etc. as the 'special case' you start bastardising it again. Sure some years you'll have a bottom side coping top sides as their double ups, but you get this anyway, since teams go up and down the ladder year to year.

Of course if they won't do the sensible thing and go to 16 sides (losing two Vic sides), then still with shorter quarters could go to 34 rounds to be fair.
Round 1 - Normal (1 game, 1 week done)
Rounds 2 - 14 compressed into 8 weeks (14 games, 9 weeks done)
Bye for all sides 14 games, 10 weeks done
Round 15 - 17 normal (17 games, 13 weeks done)
Rounds 18 - 30 compressed into 8 weeks (30 games, 21 weeks done)
Rounds 31 - 34 normal (34 games, 25 weeks done)
Pre-Finals bye

So start the season with a traditional round, two compressed blocks and a bye and two normal blocks of games to give some recovery. Don't reduce lists, instead increase slightly and cap players at 30 H&A games each max.

More games for TV, radio, internet so AFL should make money on it. With shorter quarters and a 30 game cap on players won't be much more then a normal 22 game season of wear and tear.

Sort of results that will see the crows avoid the wooden spoon if they lose and North get smashed.

1600320301615.png

2007 Qantas put on extra Adelaide-Melbourne flights and increased capacity. I flew to Melbourne from Adelaide on a 747.
Not quite the same these days :).

Say they have to reduce capacity by a third.

What do they have out of mothballs etc.

Maybe we will be able to drive across by then.

There’s no way there’ll be enough flights for 10k, let alone 17k!
If Port win the QF, Qantas, Virgin, and Jetstar will star planning extra flights between Adelaide and SE Qld.

Of the 8,100 allocated tickets Port members could get, I reckon 2,000 could be taken up by people in WA, NT, Qld and NSW if Qld opens up the border to them.

If they don't fill up planes and only have 120 on a 737 instead of 180, then moving 6,000 people over say 5 days means say 10 flights on Tuesday and Wednesday 15 on Thursday and Friday and 10 on Saturday. That is 60 flights x 120 people per flight. But they might add bigger planes. I have no idea how full existing flights are on those days at the moment.

At the moment direct flights to Brisbane Tuesday 20th to Saturday 24th = 4+4+6+9+5 = 28 flights and there is 1 flight a day to GC between Virgin and Jetstar gets us to 33 flights. So it means shifting 3 planes to do 2 back and forth trips per day over 5 days - 3x2x5 = 30 extra flights. its not as if they are short of unused planes at the moment.

If Qld opens the border to NSW then fly to Brisbane/GC via Sydney.

If Port win the QF, Qantas, Virgin, and Jetstar will star planning extra flights between Adelaide and SE Qld.

Of the 8,100 allocated tickets Port members could get, I reckon 2,000 could be taken up by people in WA, NT, Qld and NSW if Qld opens up the border to them.

If they don't fill up planes and only have 120 on a 737 instead of 180, then moving 6,000 people over say 5 days means say 10 flights on Tuesday and Wednesday 15 on Thursday and Friday and 10 on Saturday. That is 60 flights x 120 people per flight. But they might add bigger planes. I have no idea how full existing flights are on those days at the moment.

At the moment direct flights to Brisbane Tuesday 20th to Saturday 24th = 4+4+6+9+5 = 28 flights and there is 1 flight a day to GC between Virgin and Jetstar gets us to 33 flights. So it means shifting 3 planes to do 2 back and forth trips per day over 5 days - 3x2x5 = 30 extra flights. its not as if they are short of unused planes at the moment.

Nice one :)!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a-beautiful-mind.jpg

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
The AFL are planning to start the 2021 season at the MCG in the final week of March as per normal although they concede that the continuing uncertainty around COVID-19 makes a prediction on crowds impossible.

With the season to finish on October 24 with a grand final at the Gabba, and no teams allowed to return for pre-season training before December, such a return date appears optimistic. However the AFL believes it will be better prepared for conducting the competition in a COVID-normal environment next year than it was when the pandemic's impact became real in mid-March.

gbear

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 27, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide

Collingwood president Eddie McGuire has rubbished claims Jordan De Goey has been permitted to continue to play AFL football due to his talent and marquee status, labelling the suggestion as “a bit of a cheap shot”.

McGuire said Taylor’s predicament was a “different situation” and one for the Swans to comment on.

Speaking from notes for the first time about the De Goey scenario, McGuire told Channel 9’s Footy Classified Collingwood was taking the matter “absolutely seriously”.

Responding to an article written in The Australian, McGuire said claims De Goey had been allowed to continue playing because he’s a “good player” was “not something that even enters our mind”.

The individual was also encouraged to contact the police. The issue was resolved in 2018, seemingly to the satisfaction of everyone involved.

“Now at this point, we are unsure why the matter has resurfaced and we are awaiting further information and this information has not been forthcoming.”
McGuire is a giant flog. It is beyond me why he gets so much attention 😡

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back