Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be weird for Wingard

To go from being so revered here to the point where he was one of the brightest young stars in the comp and then never really being able to settle in for Hawthorn to the point where i'd imagine Hawks supporters are frustrated with the trade.

Meanwhile we really like Duursma and Burton and we've moved on while Hawthorn's list are struggling big time on and off field.

He's just sort of in no-mans land.

Meanwhile we've officially welcomed Jackson Trengove back because he feels completely like one of us, even when he was at the Dogs he was a Port man.

I reckon if he was still with us, a large percentage of the supporter base would be questioning his place in the side. Crazy that he's 27 too.

I saw something last week about each team's "iron man", ie player that had the current longest run without missing a game, and for Hawthorn it was none other than Chadley Wingard with twenty something games!

For us it was DBJ on 49 I think - would have been 106 straight but for that club imposed suspension in 2018 for turning up late.

Last edited:
My question is, why is a 120 v 115 game better than an 80 v 75 game? Many of the best games have been low scoring affairs - why the obsession with trying to generate higher scores?
The problem isn't 80 to 75 games.

The problem is when 55 to 45 games in good conditions.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

What happens if the Crows finish bottom?

Hopefully they will but would he be interested in going there knowing it’ll be years before they contend? I’m only guessing but apart from coin we’d be an attractive destination in terms of competing over the next few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waiting for the mid season report from S Hocking highlighting the higher scores in games.....ignoring the part where all the extra goals are the result of 50m penalties . Huzzah!! It worked!
More like scoring down again but look at the crowd numbers! Up 2000% on 2020!

The problem isn't 80 to 75 games.

The problem is when 55 to 45 games in good conditions.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
Understand the point - hopefully there'll be less games like that this season, given the longer quarters. But I'd rather see a low scoring slog, than see this abomination of a rule introduced. Imagine if Port were to lose a final because of it.

Ye olde footy. Cornes gets his face rubbed in the Parade mudheap by Fabulous Phil

The man on the mark barely raised a hand up and it still hit it haha.

Ye olde footy. Cornes gets his face rubbed in the Parade mudheap by Fabulous Phil

This is basically Cornes every time he tries the 'Port are not Port' nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back